Complaint Review: Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group

• Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: Jerry — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group
736 Colorado Avenue Stuart, Florida United States of America

Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group Scam Artists Pretending to be Lawyers-Experts at commiting Legal Malpractice Stuart, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Post above is from ex employee that was fired for using dope.

*Consumer Comment: LIAR

*Consumer Comment: Jeffrey Smith Law Firm

*Consumer Comment: HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ATTORNEY/OWNER RESONSE

*Consumer Suggestion: Jeffrey Smith Law Group - I woud refer this company.

I am 65. Lost my job 9/30/2006. Tried the over the road truck driving for a while, but had to stay away from home to much. My wife is 63 and disabled and I couldn't be away from her to long at a time. We have no one else close that can help and no money to hire someone.

Our mortgage quickly became a real burden. I started borrowing money from my mother, who lives in a senior retirement center, just to make ends meet. I have been job hunting ever since with no luck.

I began searching for help with getting a home loan modification. I, unfortunately, found this law firm online (Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group) out of Stuart, Florida who claimed they could get it done. (This was in February 2011). I paid them $2000.00 (which I had to borrow), furnished them with all of the required/requested personal and financial information. Then I never heard from them anymore unless I called continously and/or sent emails. The only info I could get out of them was that "this is a long painful process and be patient".

I waited until the end of August about 2 weeks before my home was to be sold in a short sale. Then I got a call from them telling me they could do nothing for me and that I needed to file chapter 13 bankruptcy to stop the short sale and foreclosure. We were at our wits end. I had to borrow more money to do this chapter 13, which I didn't really want to do, but had no choice.

We were taken advantage of. We were pushed deeper into trouble because of their uncaring, carelessness, fraudulance, or what ever you want to call it . Me and especially my wife and mother have been put through hell for almost a year because of them. Were going to end up losing our home anyway because we can't pay the chapter 13 trustee fee's.

Is there anyone out there that can help in getting restitution and put these preditors out of business?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2011 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeffrey-A-Smith-Law-Group/Stuart-Florida-34994/Jeffrey-A-Smith-Law-Group-Scam-Artists-Pretending-to-be-Lawyers-Experts-at-commiting-Leg-785948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Post above is from ex employee that was fired for using dope.

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States of America)

Hi Bill. We know this is you. Just because we had to let you go does not give you the right to slander our name. We told you that we have a strict drug free workplace and you were let go right after your personal habits were discovered. It is not our fault that you chose to break the rules. Stop posting lies about us and go to rehab. We will not pay you a dime. Stop trying to extort us.

FYI, to anyone else who is reading, a legitimate claim would have gone directly to our management and gotten a full refund if this was actually truth instead of an obvious work of fiction. All ROR claims about our company are fiction created from Bill and another ex employee we fired 2 years ago. We do not support dope heads. They try and bully us by posting on this site and another 2 sites, but we will not pay extortionists. Notice the lack of contact information on their part? Real people leave real contact info. Just FYI. Look us up at the state bar and you'll see our flawless record. Thank you.

LIAR

AUTHOR: nelle - (United States of America)

I have been trying to contact you, but I have gotten nowhere.  Your law firm was of no help to me. You screw people over. I dont know how you sleep at night. People come to you in need of help and your rip them off.

Jeffrey Smith Law Firm

AUTHOR: Linda S - (United States of America)

My husband and I through no fault of our own, found ourselves in such a mess from medical bill and unemployment that we were falling behind in our Mortgage payments of a home that we lived in for  23 yrs.  It was his dad's and his grandfathers home before that. We contacted the Lawfirm in question and they told us that we needed to pay them $1,500. Up front and then send them all documentation every month as we would need verification of all income and out going etc. We did as asked and as it did take time for this process as they had stated I never once felt like I was alone in this ordeal.

I had many workers on my case. I had a Ramona and when she left for maternity leave they left me in Ellens capable hands. I recieved a phone call every month on the process and yes it is painful but all necessary. I had to keep sending all my docs every month. Long story short. This law firm wept with me through this ordeal and held my hand while I waited the out come of these Under writters and called me anytime I had a question and even if it was something I had already asked or seemed stupid they did the best they could to reaure me they were doing all they could.

I didn't like it took soooo long but I know it wasn't because of them not doing all they could for us. I finally recieved a phone call from Ellen only a few weeks before a sale date was placed on our home with the GOOD NEWS we had gotten our modification and it was for less than we could of dreamed. I have to say I give all the creedit to God and thank him for sending me to this firm.

I prayed to save our home and almost 2 yrs later we are there with a new modification that is about $700 less then we were paying. Then when Ellen called the last time to tell me it was aproved for the new amount I was in tears again only tears of joy! They have with God given us back our home to now grow old in andshare with our kids and our grandkids. I Thank God every morning for him sending me to this law firm and for their patience with my emotions through this whole ordeal. God Bless them. P.S. They said there is no guarentee but we will do all we can for you and they did exactly that. .

HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

AUTHOR: trying to help - (United States of America)

Anytime we feel we have been wronged all we have to do is call our bank that handles the debit/credit card transaction and file
a fraud report. They will charge back the vendor and refund your money.

Enough complaints and they will close them down

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ATTORNEY/OWNER RESONSE

AUTHOR: LAW FIRM - (United States of America)

To Whom It May Concern

I am Jeffrey A. Smith, the attorney / owner of the Jeffrey A. Smith Law Group, P.A..  I am ethically obligated not to discuss the confidences of my clients and certainly will not do so in this forum.  Even if I could, most, if not all, of the complainants hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

In this internet obsessed society it is far too easy to sit behind a desk and computer and attempt to damage the reputation of another, or even worse, to lie with impunity because there is no one to check the factual accuracy of what is being posted in cyberspace.    For example, the owner of a consumer advocacy forum appears to have been linked to arrests for Racketeering and Mob related charges if you search in Google you will find this.

Certainly most prudent people have come to the conclusion that not everything on the internet can be trusted and it would be
quite foolish to make our everyday decisions based on what we read on the internet.

Regarding my firm and the folks who work for me, it is true that we do not please all the people all the time.  That is not possible.  What we do is we give our best effort to provide legal services to our clients and attempt to assist them in whatever
their legal situation may be.  Our only guarantee is that we will do our best to provide quality, affordable legal services.

In closing, for those of you who will form an opinion of me or my firm based on what you have read here, good luck to you as
you make your way through lifes difficult decisions.  To others, I invite you to contact me directly at jsmith@jaslawgroup.com
or call my office at 772-462-8707 or 772-781-1873 with any questions or concerns you may have. I will attempt to address them as best I can.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey A. Smith, Esq.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Jeffrey Smith Law Group - I woud refer this company.

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I just want to say thank you to all of Jeffrey Smith Law Group for the wonderful job you have done.

I am not sure what this person is talking about.  When I found Sophie Russell, I was very blessed and grateful that she was there to help me and my kids.  I referred two my neighbors to her, she was very understanding and spent a lot of time with them.  She kept reassuring me that she will be there for me to talk to, if you cannot get a hold anyone in the office.  I can always get a hold of her when other staff is not available.  I was very nervous and scared of losing my home, every day I kept getting so many calls from Bank of America collection.  I need to get a payment from you, you owe us $4305 and we are going to foreclose on you, if we don't get a payment.  She was very patient with me and I keeping calling her every week to check, because I had lost money before.  I thought to myself here we go again.  Finally, I can't believe it; she was on schedule as promise 3 to 4 months.  We got a modification; it is a payment I can afford again.  Thank you for helping me saves my home.