Complaint Review: Jeffrey Guminiak, Modern Movers, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: To Ja — Fort Myers Florida United States of America
Jeffrey Guminiak, Modern Movers, Inc.
5607 8th Street W Lehigh Acres, Florida United States of America

Jeffrey Guminiak, Modern Movers, Inc. Modern Movers, Inc. Lehigh Acres, FL Overcharges clients, gives false weight amount, doesn't pay employees fair wages and overtime Lehigh Acres, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I use to work there, Completely False!

*Consumer Comment: I was pleased!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: HOAX

Jeffrey Guminiak overcharges his clients.  He gives us fake readings of how much the furniture weighs.  He overcharged us and then damaged several pieces of our furniture and collectible items, then he refused to pay us what the items cost.  He also cusses like a sailor and uses profanity like it is going out of style.  I was present when this man went overboard with verbal assaults against his employees that were working on a truck. He doesn't show any respect to the people he does business with, nor to his employees.

Why anyone would continue to work with him is beyond me.  He is opinionated and demanding.  He says in his mission statement that he is all about customer service, and when we need customer service he is missing in action.  He doesn't pay his employees fair wages nor does he pay them over time wages for all the extra hours they put in. He doesn't reimburse his clients for overcharging them for services he doesn't provide them with.

One of my friends that referred me to this company told me that he refused to pay him overtime, yet he wanted him to work more hours for the same pay.  He also shouts at old people who are hard of hearing and doesn't care to keep his promises.  He says one thing one minute and another the next minute.  He has some drivers that are drug addicts and are irresponsible when moving items.  He also acts like he is on drugs.  I don't know who to contact to report this man's irresponsible behavior.

Hopefully your site will allow me the opportunity to vent my frustration at this man and those who support him within his organization.  I think an investigation is in order to prove that this man has been overcharging people like us.  There are laws that protect the consumer and the employees against behavior like this.  I hope this report will help warn potential customers to beware of this man and his moving company, and to find another moving company to do business with.  He doesn't deserve your time or support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 01:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeffrey-Guminiak-Modern-Movers-Inc/Lehigh-Acres-Florida-33971/Jeffrey-Guminiak-Modern-Movers-Inc-Modern-Movers-Inc-Lehigh-Acres-FL-Overcharges-cli-864651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeffrey Guminiak, Modern Movers, Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I use to work there, Completely False!

AUTHOR: Dana - (United States of America)

Several members of my famiily and I have worked for Modern Movers. I left in 2001 to pursue my career dream. To this day I continue to recommend Modern Movers to everyone. Last week they did two local moves in Naples for my clients.

Modern Movers is a very successful independent company because of their experienced movers,staff and reputation. I know first hand how we were treated and paid. How would a company keep their employees! When I worked there I handled claims ( anything that was damaged) accidents do happen, no one is perfect. I would immediatley talk with clients, worked with a professional repair man ( Robb and Stucky used him and gave me his name) he did an amazing job! The clients would usually hire him to touch up other things for them as well. Even the clients I worked with recommended us! The company has grown tremendously since then.

If you notice Modern Movers doesnt really do advertising. Its because most of their business comes from word of mouth. I recommend them always and my clients recommend them as well. Its a shame that people can write anything they want on the internet. ( Freedom of speech I guess) I spoke with the lead mover on my clients job last week. I was happy to hear and old friends voice on the line. It was a mover that started with the company before I even did in 1998! Now that speaks volumes!

Every sentence in this bogus complaint is simply not true. If you are thinking of moving ask your friends or neighbors who they would recommend. Chances are they will say Modern Movers.

I was pleased!

AUTHOR: Benjamin - (United States of America)

I have used this company twice now both for long moves. In my opinion this is a great business, the guys were all polite and very helpful, they treated my furniture with the up-most care. Not once in my presence did any one, Jeffrey or his workers use profanity, on multiple occasions i have had conversations with Jeffrey and to me he appeared to be an honest, fair and intelligent man.

I did not find his rates unfair, on the contrary i had estimates from a few other companies and his rates were the best. I also didn't find anyone to be under the influence of anything. I have referred them to many of my friends and all that have used him were very pleased in their service.Anyone who needs a mover will be happy with what they do!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

HOAX

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (United States of America)

I believe this to be a false claim and am demanding the author to prove that a transaction between Modern Movers and author acurred.