Complaint Review: Jeld-Wen INC. ( windows )

• Submitted: Thu, February 27, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Ris49 — Scranton Kansas
Jeld-Wen INC. ( windows )
PO Box 1329 Klamath Falls, Oregon USA

Jeld-Wen INC. ( windows ) Jeld-Wen Warranty or Not Klamath Falls Oregon

My Warrany experience.  I purchased a home last year that was 5 yrs old and was built in 2007. I have one window with the corner of the frame broke, two that leak water into the house, one with a broken tilt latch and all windows alow outside noise in. At times I had to ckeck to make sure they were closed. These are all Jeld-Wen Vinyl Double hung windows and two floor length permanent windows.

Out of curosity I emailed a warranty claim in. Two days later I got a call. This is the way it went. I was told that the water leak was improper instalation and because Jeld-Wen does not have certified installers it is not their responcibiliy. About the cracked/broken window. The reps comment was it was probably cracked before/or when put in. (Like the owner that had the house built would accept that. ) He also said that it possibly was struck by something. This is 6 inches below the soffit. Besides vinyl windows are not suppose to be that brittle. As for the broken tilt latch he said I could probably find one at a local supplier. After waisting 20 to 30 minutes of my time he finished with telling me that warranties don't extend to second owners. Something he could have said without waisting my time.

I feel that even if I was the first owner, there would be a reason and excuse why the window was not warranted no matter what the problem.  I received nothing but statements saying nothing would be done to correct problems with my windows. Even when I mentioned the broken parts and problems with tilting in windows.

There is basically no warranty in my opinion and experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeld-Wen-INC-windows-/Klamath-Falls-Oregon-97601/Jeld-Wen-INC-windows-Jeld-Wen-Warranty-or-Not-Klamath-Falls-Oregon-1127127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeld-Wen INC. ( windows )