Complaint Review: Jeldwen

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: RidingHigh78 — Burlington Wisconsin
Jeldwen
Burlington, Wisconsin USA

Jeldwen Jeld-wen Jeldwen Places First -- for worst customer service in their market! Burlington Wisconsin

The windows are nice – the customer service is the worst I’ve ever encountered!  If you buy from them, you better hope there’s never a problem with the order. Purchased custom order windows and patio door for full house remodel.  Three windows developed stress cracks, 4th window (a slider) had rollers on the top instead of the bottom and was inoperable.  Processed the claim in November, 2013 and still dealing with it.  The technician has been out three times, taken measurements of the actual windows and submitted to the company.  Apparently Jeldwen doesn't compare the order to the shipment before they ship.  The packing list has a line for the inspector’s signature, but there's no signature. At this point we've received 13 replacements in various shipments.  3 windows were correct, still missing one.  The other 10 went into the dumpster (jeldwen doesn't want them back).  The patio door order was cancelled by 'someone' at jeldwen and had to be reordered.  Discovered this when following up on it's scheduled ship date...Turn around ended up 3 times longer than guess-timated.  Almost every communication was initiated by us.  Requests for details such as date of estimated turn around, estimated ship date, tracking info on shipments have been met with "I assume", "I don't know", "I can't tell you",  "call back".  And if you put a little pressure on trying to get the info, the CSR gets really nasty.  For instance, the response to a request for clarification was "didn't I just tell you ...."  In a very condescending, "you're an idiot" manner.   So rude I actually said "excuse me?" and was given the same nasty response.  At that point I reminded her that I'm her customer.  I've never before experienced this level of rudeness and incompetence.  So far I have a 6 page log with dates, times, quotes from these conversations.  I forwarded it to their corporate offices.  Wish I could forward it to any and everyone considering a Jeldwen product.   The last tech that came out said he gets great customer service…. I’m guessing it’s because he has an ongoing relationship with them.  But if you’re a customer… yeah.  Good luck with that!  My advice?  STAY AWAY FROM JELDWEN.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeldwen/Burlington-Wisconsin-53105/Jeldwen-Jeld-wen-Jeldwen-Places-First-for-worst-customer-service-in-their-market-Burl-1134478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeldwen