Complaint Review: Jenn Kate

• Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: Dan — Newport Minnesota United States of America
Jenn Kate
45 Ashford Avenue Internet United States of America

Jenn Kate Wants to send bogus cashier's check for vacation rental stay San Juan, Internet

I operate a bed & breakfast, so I get these from time to time.  The scammer infomrs you they want to rent a block of nights, and oh - thier company is paying for it via cashier's check so they want your home address (not a p.o. box), and typically they are looking to book just a week or so in advance of thier arrival - but not enough time to allow the fake cashier's check to bounce. They will never use the Post Office - it wil lalways be by private carrier (FedEx is pretty typical). Typical scamm letter reads as:

Hello

Thanks for your prompt response. Am staying for a week,I have discussed this with my hubby and we have agreed to use your place for the period of our stay. My company will be responsible for all our vacation expenses as a wedding gift and they have promised to send you a Bank certified check Or Cashier check as soon as you have penned these dates down for us. And upon confirmation and clearance of the payment we can come over. Payment term is by cashier check or Bank certified check wish you will be able to cash at hand. You can fill the details below to proceed with my file in the office and to issue the check in your  name:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2011 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jenn-Kate/internet/Jenn-Kate-Wants-to-send-bogus-cashiers-check-for-vacation-rental-stay-San-Juan-Internet-743259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jenn Kate