Complaint Review: Jennifer Convertibles

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2008

• Reported By:brooklyn New York
Jennifer Convertibles
2078 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Jennifer Convertibles SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO WITH BETTER QUALITY...JC sofas are JUNK! Brooklyn New York

About three months ago I purchased a suade sectional sofa from Jennifer Convertibles for about $900.00. The first rip off occurred during my initial trip to the store to purchase the item, when the salesman asked if I wanted to "go with" the fabric protection shield- which I assumed was included in the price or warranty. WRONG- that cost me an extra $200- which I discovered after examining my "receipt"- a barely legible carbon copy of some sort of invoice I was given. Nowhere on the receipt is the model, color, or make of the item I purchased. I suppose that should've been my first indication that this company is a SHAM.

Once my sofa was delivered, I was pleased with the look of the item. However, it was not nearly as confortable as the one I sat on during my showroom visit. This annoyed me- but I figured it would take time to wear in.

Not more than 2 weeks later did one of my friends get scratched by the corner of the back of one side of my sofa (I had to separate the sectional pieces b/c of it's large size). Upon closer inspection, I noticed that indeed, there was metal jutting out of the corner. This is only a testament to how shabbily and poorly constructred these sofas are.

Finally, no more than 6 weeks after buying the item did I notice that the seams on my sofa were already coming loose and undone.

Needless to say, I contacted Jennifer Convertibles about these two defects. When the technician was sent, he claimed he could sew the seam (although he wasn't the best seamstress) and would have the company send me the back part of the sofa. I asked for some tracking number on the package so I would know when to expect it and he could not give it to me. Further, I was told I would need to call customer service back yet again to schedule yet another service date to actually repair the item. I have yet to receive any notice about this back part being delivered- and that was last week.

I am utterly furious and disappointed- not only with the poor, low quality of their merchandise- but also with the completely unprofessional customeer service conducted. This is my first purchase of a sofa and I am so sad at how horrible it already looks.

At this point I do not know what to do...I need somewhere to sit but this piece is falling apart after only 3 months. I live alone and have no children, so it's baffling how something rarely used could already look about 5 years old.

I would like the merchandise credit and I want to buy something different (maybe leather and not cloth)...but I can't understand my warranty... it's all very unclear.

Please help!

brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jennifer-Convertibles/Brooklyn-New-York-11229/Jennifer-Convertibles-SAVE-YOUR-MONEY-AND-GO-WITH-BETTER-QUALITYJC-sofas-are-JUNK-Broo-357613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jennifer Convertibles