Complaint Review: Jennifer Convertibles

• Submitted: Fri, February 14, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 11, 2003

• Reported By:Oceanside California
Jennifer Convertibles
246 Rancho Del Oro Dr. #43 Oceanside, California U.S.A.

Jennifer Convertibles crappy furniture ripoff, don't respond, corporate office is a joke Oceanside California

*Author of original report: After much hassle and phone calling my account has been credited in full!

Purchased a sofa and love seat from them in January. Charged it on my Visa. When furniture came it was defective. A long piece of material was missing off the front of the sofa about 24 inches long and one of the casters on one leg was missing. Delivery guys were rude and gave me a hard time. Were refusing to take the furniture back even though I told them I was refusing the order.

Finally took it back. I have gone several times to the store and left messages for the manager to call me and he does not respond. Store not open when it is supposed to be, and no one can help me.

I have asked for a refund. Called corporate office on my own bill because store would not give me an 800 number to call. Corporate office is trying to say that I did not refuse the order. Because it was damanged they say I sent it back to be replaced. They told me to contact the store for another delivery. Explained to him that I tried several times!! Said that I could cancel the order but that I would be charged a percentage for canceling the order.

I told him that is not what their agreement on the back of my paper said. What a jerk! Called the store back and talked to another sales girl because the other one quit (wonder why) she said that she can do nothing for me and that she would email her manager. His name is Michael. Well Michael has never contacted me in any way. They promise he will but he does not. Sales girl told me that she talked to manager and he said he would refund me my full amount. Nothing has been credited to my account. Bad business.

Mary
Oceanside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2003 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jennifer-Convertibles/Oceanside-California-92057/Jennifer-Convertibles-crappy-furniture-ripoff-dont-respond-corporate-office-is-a-joke-O-45409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jennifer Convertibles

After much hassle and phone calling my account has been credited in full!

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

The accounts people are very nice and were very helpful in giving me information on my problem. Will never shop at Jennifer Convertibles again and have warned all friends and family members of difficulties with this company.