Complaint Review: Jennifer Convertibles

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Napa California
Jennifer Convertibles
Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, California U.S.A.

Jennifer Convertibles False advertising. hidden costs sent me packing. very disappointed. Rohnert Park California

Maybe I should have done my research before driving 40 miles in pouring rain to get myself a smaller sofa for my new place. I was very excited to find good looking and perfect seating but extremely discouraged to find out not only was the "local" delivery charge $160 but that my location was considered "long distance" and would cost another $100 on top of their rediculous delivery charges. When told about it, of course I objected and had some questions. Kudos to the sales girl, but the manager was extremely rude, wanted to "school" me on "Global Delivery"! I left, but returned after not being able to find something else suitable for my situation. Upon return, the manager continued to be rude to me and when I told her she was rude she became worse...and I quote..."We just need to stop talking to each other."

Now, explain this.....if all the merchandise comes from a warehouse in southern california...why is delivering to my hometown (which happens to be closer to LA than this particular store) considered long distance???? And, why would I have to sign to decline their $170 protection plan if they weren't making it optional? I am very disappointed that I wasted the gas and had to deal with a rude manager....even more disappointed that the set I wanted to purchase was perfect for my situation. Hidden costs make for false advertising in my book. These stores should be closed.

Napa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jennifer-Convertibles/Rohnert-Park-California/Jennifer-Convertibles-False-advertising-hidden-costs-sent-me-packing-very-disappointed-424907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jennifer Convertibles