Complaint Review: Jennifer Convertibles

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: Randhi — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Jennifer Convertibles
3501-B South Jefferson Street Internet United States of America

Jennifer Convertibles Guardsman protection plan Sold me faulty leather and a non-existent protection plan Internet, Internet

My wife and I had purchased a black leather sleeper sofa from jennifer convertibles on Nov 28,2010. August 26,2012 I noticed that my two year old had made a tear on the arm rest of the sofa. When my wife and I purchased the sofa we also purchased the Guardsman protection plan which is a 5 year service contract between me as the original purchaser and the consumer. When I noticed the damage to the sofa I immediately contacted Guardsman. I took pictures of the sofa and filled out the questionnaire online.I Printed out the questionire and mailed it into them.

In about 3 weeks I received a notice in the mail stating " Unfortunately, we are unable to service your claim for the following reasons the reported damage to your furniture is not covered under the terms of the protection plan". I quickly refered back to the protection plan and read over what is covered. Under leather and Vinyl upholstered furniture #4 states "Any punture, cut,tear,or rip from a specific incident or caused by defective furniture mechanism Guardsman protection plan will cover it".

I spoke to 3 representives from Guardsman they each had different reasons for not servicing my claim. I then called jennifer convertibles to discuss the matter with them, I spoke to a store associate and she told me that she will let the store manager know of the issue and I have yet heard anything in response. Secondly the sofa is also cracking and peeling apart on the seat cushions after 2 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jennifer-Convertibles/internet/Jennifer-Convertibles-Guardsman-protection-plan-Sold-me-faulty-leather-and-a-non-existent-954942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jennifer Convertibles