Complaint Review: Jennifer Herbers

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Marshall Michigan United States of America
Jennifer Herbers
PO box 13 Hungerford, TX hungerford, Texas United States of America

Jennifer Herbers Irish Wolfhound scam, elaborate scam, irish wolfhound airdale terrier fake, STILL ACTIVE ON HOOBLY hungerford , Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Herbers arrested 4 times and gets probation

*Consumer Comment: Email

*General Comment: I can help

*Consumer Comment: Selling stolen animals

"Jennifer" advertised an 18 month old irish wolfhound for sale on www.hoobly.com where she is still an active member still scamming people. Her user name is  hzznyhc848. I filed a complaint on said ad that she currently has up.

Upon contact with Jennifer, she seemed to be an extremely legit, honest person, we spoke on the phone several times, and I was satisfied that she indeed had this dog, was honest, and was not trying to scam me in any way. Wish I would have googled her name first!!!

I sent her a 100 dollar deposit, then 300 more to finish paying for the dog and the vetting costs, as he was to be shipped to me. The moment she got the check, she promptly dissapeared. She did not drop the dog off to the pick up point, and I got nervous and googled the pictures that she had posted on the hoobly ad, sure enough, the pictures on the ad were other peoples pictures and dogs. [continued below]....
.....

At this point I demanded pictures of the real dog I had paid for, and after many threats, she sent pictures of a dog that CLEARLY was not an irish wolfhound, more like an airedale terrier.

I asked her to return my money considering the dog was not the dog she advertised, and I cancelled the next transport for this dog that was not what she said. She then refused to refund my money, saying she doesnt do refunds. No where in the ad did it say no refunds or was it ever discussed. I have every email between her and I, and sent checks so I am hoping that someone can help me get my money back- what am I supposed to do- call the local police down there? I honestly am not sure, but I intend to find out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2011 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jennifer-Herbers/hungerford-Texas-/Jennifer-Herbers-Irish-Wolfhound-scam-elaborate-scam-irish-wolfhound-airdale-terrier-fa-786804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jennifer Herbers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Herbers arrested 4 times and gets probation

AUTHOR: Milady - (United States of America)

Hebers went to the hearing last week and received 3 years of probation, no animals to be sold or bought , had been arrested 4 times in the last 3 months.  Only got 3 years of probation for all the wrong doing and taking of peoples' money and beating dogs and abusing them.  What an injustice.

AUTHOR: jane - (United States of America)

Odd  you don't have an email to respond to?

#3 General Comment

I can help

AUTHOR: Milady - (United States of America)

To you folks that have complaints against Jennifer Herbers, listen up.  She has been arrested twice on animal abuse and theft.  She got out of jail on bond.  Currently she is waiting for her trial to come up.  I read the local newspaper and it is reported in the Wharton Journal-Spectator.  She has been arrested in December 2012.  Please email me and I can help all that I can.  Thanks.

Selling stolen animals

AUTHOR: kpowell - (United States of America)

She is selling stolen pets! She stole our 2 dogs from our backyard on January 23, 2012 & did not want to return them! She is making money from others stolen pets. Beware! File police reports in Wharton. They apparently know all about her.