Complaint Review: Jeromes Furniture

• Reported By: Kota — la mesa California United States of America
Jeromes Furniture
16960 Mesamint St. San Diego, California United States of America

Jeromes Furniture Horrible Customer Service San Diego, California

The start from the whole problem is from the furniture. For the price I have paid for my furniture which was not an blooper.  I have had problems with the frame on my love seats the material tearing away from the seams and now the frame on my couch is broken. The type of furniture should at least last longer then 1 and 1/2 years. This is just the start to the problem.

I called customer service to get a person to come out and the earliest the can come out was two days later. After the guys showed up to look at the furniture he did not know he was looking at the couch and love seat (when I called to schedule someone to come out I explained that it was both my couch and love seat that where broken.) so I had to talk him in to looking at the love seat. He came in took a few pictures didn't inspect the furniture just asked a few questions and that was all for about 10 min then said he was going to contact the store. He said they would call me back later on that evening to schedule a pick up time, or so i thought.

I waited a few days thinking they were just busy, nope I had to call back to just get the run around. They said we thought you were dropping it off I said no that was not the  case. They than told me it was going to be 170 dollars to pick up couch and the guy who looked at the furniture said about 100 bucks, when I questioned that  the immediate response was "let me talk to my manager about that," after the lady got back on the line she said  "yes 170 bucks." I got upset when an employee of the company tells you something and than they change it to something else. Especially if if you know the persons name so your not making it up .  When i asked about the love seat part being put on order they said "LOVE  SEAT?" they have not ordered the part and they did not know they needed too and the guy said that it would take 6 to 10 weeks to get them in. So after feeling kind of used i got off the phone to think.

I called back the next day to get the address to where to drop it off at because I'm not going to pay $170 for something that should only cost 50 bucks at the most.  I brought up the love seat again and once again they said "WHAT LOVE SEAT?" I said  we talked about it yesterday. they said "I would have to bring it in also." I said no the man who came and  said they were coming here to fix the love seat at my home and I will not be dropping it off, that's two trips!!! After I told them that the lady on the phone got kind of snippy with me told me and I'm still not sure if the part is put on order.  so after all that she said she needed to talk to the manager to figure things out and she would call me right back. It is now THREE days later and I still have not heard anything from a manager or the lady I was talking to.

I don't think me or any person should ever be treated this way or given the runaround   especially since we paid extra for the "warranty" I would not  go back them to buy new furniture.  Don't bother buying the warranty because it seems they will give you the run around until its no longer valid anyway, especially if you buy the 5 year and they only cover your table and chairs for 1 year. Don't get screwed  take your business else where. I would NEVER recommend buying furniture from Jeromes to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeromes-Furniture/San-Diego-California-92127/Jeromes-Furniture-Horrible-Customer-Service-San-Diego-California-995555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeromes Furniture