Complaint Review: Jerome's Furniture

• Reported By: cargoil — Menifee California United States of America
Jerome's Furniture
780 Los Vellacitos Blvd San Marcos, California United States of America

Jerome's Furniture False statements San Marcos, California

I have used Jerome's furniture stores for many years. At that time they had only one store in downtown San Diego. The service was exceptional, pricing was fair, and the customer was superb. Not any more. They have grown into the typical don't care store that's too big to give a darn about one customer. My last piece of furniture that I purchased was a reclining sofa. We had picked one out that cost $799 an went back to the store to pick it up. At that time we talked to the salesperson Dyal, that told us about a better sofa for $200 more. The reason was it carried a 5 year warranty on the mechanism instead of just a 3 year like the one we first looked at. I felt the extra money was worth it. Fast forward 4 years the mechanism in the sofa is falling apart. I called Jerome's and was told I had a warranty through a third party and to contact them. I did. I filled out all the forms, took pictures, and waited ten days for my reply. [continued below]....
..... I got it. I was told that I didn't have a warranty on this sofa. I called Jerome's and was told they made a mistake and I did not purchase the extra warranty. I told them about the supposed manufactures warranty of 5 years. I was then told they never heard of such a thing. I read them what their flyer said at the time of purchase and was told they would find out from the company what they could do. Three weeks and two unanswered phone calls later I was told that Jerome's is no longer using that Chinese company and basically I was s--- out of luck. Where did that little home town store go. What made Jerome's a cut above has now faded into the same old story, to big to care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeromes-Furniture/San-Marcos-California-92069/Jeromes-Furniture-False-statements-San-Marcos-California-1023829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerome's Furniture