mystery

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: Jose Rivas — Kearns Utah
Jerry Seiner Kia Salt Lake
30 West 2100 South Salt Lake City, UT 84119 Salt Lake City , Utah USA

Jerry Seiner Kia Salt Lake Jerry Seiner Chevrolet Rude, Arrogant, Ignorant, Dissatisfactory, Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunately many auto dealers need a check up from the neck up

*Author of original report: You Obviously Did Not Read The Whole Story

*General Comment: Really now...

*Consumer Comment: Put Away The Discrimination Card

*Consumer Comment: The only arrogant one....

Let me start off by saying that Kia has the worst customer service I have ever seen, I had a flat tire on a Thursday morning I woke up at 7 and called the Kia roadside assistance to have them take my fiance, car and I to the dealership and have my flat tire replaced with a new tire. I arrived at 9:10 in the morning with my car, My fiance and I walked into the dealership to let the service center know that we had arrived and that I was there with my car that had the flat. I waited aproximately three and a half hours there and by this time I was already frustrated because I did not know the status of my vehicle. I went in to the service center and calmly asked what was going on with my car because in the morning I was told it would be about an hour before I would have my car back in my possesion. I had to be to work by 2 in the afternoon and had to drop my fiance back off at the house, To say that I was upset is an understatement. [continued below]....

..... The manager of the service center was very rude to my fiance and I. I was trying to get ahold of someone to drop me off at work and have my mother take my girlfriend to her house. About another hour goes by and I am getting frustrated its now 12 in the afternoon and I had less than two hours to get something in my stomach and to drop off my pregnant fiance at home. I went in again and the manager raised his voice saying it would be four more hours BEFORE they would even look at my car. I asked him if he had a problem. As I am the customer I found him to be very rude to me and my fiance. I would never ever recommend anyone go to them for customer service they are not very considerate. After about an hour my mother picked my fiance and I up and took us away for an hour. I came back  after I had told them that I was NEVER going to come back to buy another vehicle and my mother walked back and the car was already ready. Seriously not the best place to ever have to be in the morning let alone be yelled at by someone who should have told me that I was about 3 to 4 hours out because of customers ahead of me. It would have been really nice to know. I was so frustrated. People should seriously be more professional about there work. I recommend you NOT buy a car because of there customer service, I felt that this was discrimination upon gender my mother being the co-signer of the vehice I am in the process of owning, and when she walked in the car was already finished. The manager of the dealership did not care either that I was going to take my service elsewhere because of the parts manager he said he had no control.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jerry-Seiner-Kia-Salt-Lake-/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84119/Jerry-Seiner-Kia-Salt-Lake-Jerry-Seiner-Chevrolet-Rude-Arrogant-Ignorant-Dissatisfacto-1147413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerry Seiner Kia Salt Lake

Unfortunately many auto dealers need a check up from the neck up

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

Unfortunately many auto dealers need a check up from the neck up when it comes to service and sales. To the person who posted this complaint. You will get people that have no clue what you personally are going through that will make comments even though they know completely nothing about your situation. I personally am sorry for your troubles.

Do the best that you can getting your troubles resolved I hope somebody comes to their senses and helps you Get back on the road in a safe manner.

Give me a favor and post your vehicle identification number of your car on this report. If anybody ever Google's your vehicle identification number guess what pops up.

You Obviously Did Not Read The Whole Story

AUTHOR: Jose Rivas - ()

This is Jose's wife.

FOR ONE: YES WE DID CALL IN THAT MORNING TO REPORT DAMAGE THAT HAD BEEN DONE TO THE CAR.

TWO: THEY TOLD US IT WOULD BE AN HOUR BEFORE THEY EVEN STARTED WORKING ON IT BECAUSE OF CUSTOMERS AHEAD OF US. WE WERE OKAY WITH THAT

THREE: THE MANAGER OF THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT SAID THAT HE HAD NOT STATED THIS WHEN I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN IT WAS SAID. ( Witness to the fact)

FOUR: I AM PREGNANT AND DO NOT WISH TO LOSE MY HUSBAND DUE TO SOME CONSTRUCTION.

FIVE: AFTER WE WERE TOLD IT WOULD BE ABOUT AN HOUR, MY MOTHER IN LAW SHOWED UP AND THEY TOLD US THE CAR WAS FINISHED AND BEFORE THIS THE CAR WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE UNTIL AROUND 4 IN THE AFTERNOON. WE WERE INFURIATED BECAUSE HE HAD TO BE TO WORK. IF WE HAD KNOWN THIS WE WOULD HAVE FOUND HIM ANOTHER RIDE TO WORK! AND THE MISCOMMUNICATION WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. (MISCOMMUNICATION BETWEEN TWO ADULTS) AND CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!

So before you go jumping down my husbands throat about how he played the victim. No just no. We are adults about this situation. If you had been the customer and not a damn soul had told you the waiting period before your car would be looked at or fixed and you had work you'd be pissed off too. I dont take lightly to petty comments like the one you just had. So before you insist we played the victim. Step into our shoes.

Thank you.

#3 General Comment

Really now...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Lets TRY and use SOME common sense here. You called in the MORNING of your visit which means that COMMON SENSE would tell you that there are other customers who have appointments setup and YOU are a last min pls help me im incompetent visit. Then to add insult to the injury YOU are providing, you go into the SERVICE AREA with a nice big sign that tells you "Autherized Personel ONLY" at right about eye level. Were you expecting for them to yell at you NICELY since YOU are in an area for employees only? I dont see bad customer service here, just someone who doesnt know how to change a tire, is a self entitled dipstick who expects others to drop everything in favor of THEIR problem, oh and someone who apparently thinks THEY can do no wrong.

First...YOU were a last min please help me call....this means that those customers who have appointments COME FIRST. YOU ARE LAST.

Second.....You KNEW you were not allowed unescorted into the service bay and this was told to you. This is told to EVERY customer as this is a INSURANCE issue. Kia cant afford to have YOU or your wife getting injured because you feel SO important that you can break whichever rules or instructions given to you.

Third.....YOUR attitude and impatience are what has caused this issue. Well those and the FACT that you cant change a tire. Must not want to get those nails dirty. When you are BASICALLY asking them to do YOU a favor and squeeze YOU in and get YOUR problem fixed, dont you think YOU should be a bit more grateful to the very same people that YOU are asking to do you a favor?? Showing your ass because YOU are not getting serviced in the time frame that YOU expect while they are busy, just shows that YOU have a problem. That YOU are the problem.

People like yourself truly sicken me. YOU made a fool of yourself. You made a scene because THEY WERE NOT DOING THE FAVOR FOR YOU FAST ENOUGH!!! Heres a thought.......LEARN TO CHANGE A TIRE!!!! You could have done it yourself and had the job done in under 30 mins....BY YOURSELF!!!! I swear, talk about UNGRATEFUL!!! What you really need is a NEW outlook on LIFE!!!! This self-entitled,self-important attitude of yours is going to get you NOTHING but incidents like this.

YOU play an EXCELLENT victim. Thankfully this site allows people to call BS when the post is BS. YOU conveniently omit ANY PART YOU PLAYED in getting treatment such as this. What you DONT tell the web is this. YOU were getting up every 10 mins and pestering the people about YOUR issue. YOU and your wife were doing the "heavy sigh" routine. YOU were basically trying to FORCE them into doing the job EARLY because YOU had things to do. Lets not forget the comments and asides YOU were doing while talking with the employees.

You expect the royal treatment but act like the pauper. There is ALWAYS three sides to every story YOUR side, THEIR side, and the TRUTH. Which side of the story do YOU think you are telling?? Guess what, it aint the truth side. Perhaps vehicle ownership is just too much responsability for you. Changing a tire is one of the VERY first things they teach you in drivers ed in HIGH SCHOOL!!!! In fact its pretty much vehicle ownership 101. Regular maintenence and self repair. Two tenents that every vehicle owner is supposed to learn. If not in school atleast from any number of other sources. Since you can use the web to tell your.....well "story", you SHOULD be able to hop on Youtube and look up "How to change a tire".

But as I eluded to previously, this really is a COMMON SENSE issue. YOU needed them to do YOU a favor. YOU showed your ass. YOU made a scene. and all because YOU are ignorant of the basics of vehicle ownership. That and the fact that they were not dropping EVERYTHING to do YOUR work. You have forgotten TWO very important things here.

FIRST>>>THEY ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!THEY DESERVE TO BE TREATED BETTER THEN YOU TREATED THEM!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO THEM TO DO YOU A FAVOR!!!

SECOND>>>YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!JUST BECAUSE YOUR MOMMY TELLS YOU SO DOESNT MAKE IT THE TRUTH!!!!THERE WERE MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS WHO DID THE RIGHT THING AND MADE AN APPOINTMENT!!! YOU WERE EXPECTING THE KIA DEALERSHIP TO SCREW THOSE CUSTOMERS IN FAVOR OF HELPING YOU!

And heres the BEST PART!!!!! Nope I dont know them, I dont have a KIA. Im not in the same state as you. Im in NO WAY affiliated with them in ANY WAY!!! HOW DO I KNOW WHAT YOU DID?!?! Because YOU are just like every other self-entitled dipstick out there. I see it EVERYTIME I go into ANY business. There is ALWAYS some self-important TWIT either abusing a poor minimum wage employee or trying to BULLY the employees into giving them their way. EVEN IF IT WOULD COST THAT EMPLOYEE THEIR JOB!!! People like that and people like you really need to be taken behind the woodshed and have manners and politeness beaten into them.

Until YOU learn your place and you learn manners and politeness you will continue to experience issues like this. And by "your place" I mean ONLY that you are JUST one person. Someone who can die tomorrow and the rest of the world will go on. Never stopping to mourn you or acknowledge your existance. YOU have to live with the world and its people, however THEY do NOT have to live with you. YOU have an overly important personal view of yourself. You have tons of ego where it is not deserved or warrented. These are all YOUR issues and what you have done to that poor dealership should make you cringe.

Put Away The Discrimination Card

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Lets be mature about this.  This is NOTHING more than very bad customer service.  You hit the nail perfectly on the head.  But some questions are in order...when you call the Kia Roadside Assistance, is it a requirement the car needs to go to a Kia dealer?  If not, why would you even go there?  Second...why couldn't you change it by yourself?

The only arrogant one....

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

The only person in this was arrogant appears to be you.

First of all you seem to have a bit of an issue telling time.

- So you arrived at 9:10AM(this is important later), but what else is interesting is you describing how you had "arrived"..was there a red carpet and trumpets?

- Okay so you had waited there(at the dealership) for 3 1/2 hours.  This puts you now at approximatly 12:40PM.

- About another hour puts you at just about 1:40PM...ummm.  So perhaps you had exaggerated the amount of time you were waiting just a bit?

- So you not only have a girlfriend you have a fiance.

- Discrimation against gender?  WTH?  So since you had a pregnant fiance and unless I mis-understood my classes in biology this would mean that you are of the male gender.  Since the car was ready when your mom got their it must not be discrimination against her.  So exactly how were you discriminated against.