Complaint Review: Jerry

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: Jerry — Ft. Lauderdale Florida United States of America
1200 S. Swinton Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444 Delray, Florida United States of America

Jerry Poor workmanship or ripoff? what's the difference. This marina charged me $1800 for bottom painting and 2 months later its all peeling away. Delray, Florida

Eagle Marine Delray Beach,Florida also operating under the name Delray marine.

Likely the  worst repair shop in Florida and they are very expensive.

They basically stole my money.

I paid them $1800 for "Complete bottom and running gear refinishing" on my 2006 38 ft. boat in Dec. 2011.

They put it back in the water before I could see their work.

2 months later I had the boat pulled out of the water for some repairs and that other shop started sending me pics of the bottom paint peeling off almost everywhere.

They told me that you can only tell they did something because they never even painted around the square boards of the stands they had the boat up on.  Unbelievable.

After my initial call (fully explaining the issue)to the owner/manager, named Burt, he never has returned my calls or emails and now have to pay even more $ to file lawsuit against them. [continued below]....

Also, they did some work on the engines and one of the exhaust pipes after the muffler was not retightened and fell off. CO2 fumes coming into the cabin weeks before we found this out.

Stay away from that place!  and pass the word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2012 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jerry/Delray-Florida-33444/Jerry-Poor-workmanship-or-ripoff-whats-the-difference-This-marina-charged-me-1800-for-848162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerry