Complaint Review: Jesse Webb Virtual Investment Club

Jesse Webb Virtual Investment Club

Jesse Webb Virtual Investment Club A credit card scam!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I have had an Excellent experience

*Consumer Suggestion: If you had only read the Terms of the offer

I bought Jesse's book and he was paid. I found nothing useful and may have visited his site a couple times. Thiss company began billing me $49.95  month even thouogh I wasn't using it and even though I knowingly never would have agreed to a long-term ongoing arrangement such as this. I was billed 5 times before I noticed it and I called the number appearing on the credit card. The girl I talked to said that she could see I hadn't been on the site since September 2009 so she would credit me 3 months payments. Now I will just wait and see if she is telling the truth. If not then I plan to report this to the Michigan attorney generals office and to my credit card company to dispute the claims. This company's practice is very deceptive and apparently the state of Utah allows him to operate like this without recourse. Maybe the laws are different. I have hears of other financial organizations operating in Provo with questionable practices. Beware of anything headquartered in this state!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jesse-Webb-Virtual-Investment-Club/internet/Jesse-Webb-Virtual-Investment-Club-A-credit-card-scam-Internet-550499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jesse Webb Virtual Investment Club

I have had an Excellent experience

AUTHOR: JamesTh - (United States of America)

This is far from any kind of scam from my experience. You have to enter your credit card to order the information,  I don't  just blindly NOT read the terms and conditions. Its pretty simple to click a link to scan one paragraph of terms to see if there is a auto billing component to the offer. Its really not uncommon on these kind of offers. I buy them all the time. I actually have the service and have used it for the past 6 months. The stock picks have really been quite good and the book, while not rocket science gave me a few useful tid bits to add to my quiver of trading info. So for what its worth folks, wake up and read the terms when you buy anything. I don't really think its fair to blame these guys for your own lack of research.  Even good old time magazine and the like give you the freebees then start an auto billing. Let us all just use some common sense when ordering online.

There's nothing wrong with this company or service. Its pretty strait forward, has some good tools. There is a ton of education videos on the site I went through. I think some people have just gotten bent out of shape because when buying the book the subscription service is also offered as a 45 day free trial which starts an auto billing cycle if its not canceled. I remember the terms being plastered on everything, the order confirm page the welcome email etc. I honestly didnt feel like it was hidden. to cancel you only have to send an email so that is not a big deal. It sounds like some people dont look at their credit card statements for months, or pay attention to what they are buying,  my guess is these poor folks have bigger issues to deal with. Just my 2 cents.

Personally I think the original author of this post is only displaying their own lack of integrity for making such a post and should contact the company and work it out. My experience is they will take care of any issues.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

If you had only read the Terms of the offer

AUTHOR: Lese - (United States of America)

These terms and conditions apply to all product orders, information requests, publications, services, and special offers provided by Virtual Investing Club or through company web sites or affiliate web sites.

Book terms and conditions: You have received a free 30-day trial period. Your credit card will be charged $7.00 ($19.95 outside U.S.A.) today to help offset shipping and handling charges. If you decide you don't want to keep the book simply send it back any time within 30 days from the original purchase date and your credit card won't be charged the $49.95 purchase price. However, even after the initial 30-day free trial period the book comes with a 100% no-hassle 12-month money back guarantee. If after the 30-day free trial period you decide you don't want to keep the book for any reason simply send it back before the end of the twelfth month from your purchase date and we will refund your money. Books that are damaged or written in are not eligible for a refund.

Subscription terms and conditions: Once your initial forty five-day free trial period to The Virtual Investing Club has expired the credit card we have on file from your purchase of the Option Magic offer will automatically be billed $49.95 per month. That's over 50% off the regular rate of $99 per month. If you do not wish to continue your subscription you must notify us in writing at least three business days prior to your first charge date. Monthly charges for The Virtual Investing Club occurring after the initial forty five-day free trial period are not considered part of the Option Magic book offer and do not qualify for the twelve-month unconditional money-back guarantee. Your subscription to The Virtual Investing Club can be canceled at any time, however, no refunds will be honored on any prior charges. All monthly charges for The Virtual Investing Club will show up on your statement as Virtual Investing Club. All correspondence for The Virtual Investing Club should be sent to support@virtualinvestingclub.com

All subscriptions automatically renew each month. If you wish to cancel, you must must notify us in writing at least three business days prior to your charge date at cancel@virtualinvestingclub.com. Condition of Use, Notices and Revisions - If you choose to visit and navigate virtualinvestingclub.com your visit and any dispute over privacy, terms and conditions are subject to this policy and our Legal Notices including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Utah. Information on the web site, in promotional materials online and off are subject to change without prior knowledge and consent pursuant to the laws and regulations on the state and federal levels.