Complaint Review: Jessica Thompson: What Song Is In That Commerical?

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: Sandra — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Jessica Thompson: What Song Is In That Commerical?
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Jessica Thompson: What Song Is In That Commerical? what song is in that commercial? www.whatsongisinthatcommercial.com Jessica Thompson Chicago, IL; Jessica Thompson Editor In Chief; What Song Is In That Commerical: www.whatsongisinthatcommercial.com Chicago, Illinois

*General Comment: IP address

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not true or possible

This company is a scam and a fraud! Jessica Thompson is abusive and dishonest, stay away!

The company steals music with copyrights and posts it on their website and encourage people to name songs that are in commercials. The purpose is to drive traffic to the site so that they can sell advertising based on the number of website views each month.

Aside from music theft, the company does not follow through when you purchase advertising on the site. At the time, they claimed to have 100,000 views per week but would not show proof of these statistics AFTER I had purchased the service.

Several weeks went by and our ad never went up on the site. I tried repeatedly to get the issue resolved and was always met with condescending remarks and made to feel like it was my business who had the problem. The last message I received from Jessica Thompson said "we are sorry our product could not meet your expectations." My only expectations were to have an ad go up and it did not. No attempt to refund the money and no returns calls or emails since. Shame on you for ripping people off Ms. Thompson!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jessica-Thompson-What-Song-Is-In-That-Commerical/Chicago-Illinois-60601/Jessica-Thompson-What-Song-Is-In-That-Commerical-what-song-is-in-that-commercial-wwwwh-995819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jessica Thompson: What Song Is In That Commerical?

#1 General Comment

IP address

AUTHOR: David - ()

The original poster claims to be in or from Nashville. Most websites track IP address, can Ripoff Reports please confirm that the original post came from Nashville. I believe there is reasonable doubt that this post came from a Boobies rock server.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not true or possible

AUTHOR: Jessica Thompson - ()

This claim is a complete lie and I believe it was posted in retaliation for my Ripoff Report posts related to Adam Schryock and Boobies Rock. None of the report is true and it was posted shortly after I spoke truthfully about Boobies Rock. That seems like too much of a coincidence.

To clarify what is mentioned in the report:

-I have never once in the history of whatsongisinthatcommercial.com dealt with an advertiser directly, so any claim that I responded a certain way or failed to respond is a blatant lie.

-All of our advertising goes through Google Adsense or BlogAds. That means all advertisers would contact one of those companies, not me, if they purchased advertising and had a question about it.

-No one has ever paid me directly for advertising, so the claim made in this report that someone paid me is not even a possibility.

-We have never put "stolen" music on our site--we post YouTube videos of commercials, not entire songs. We link to iTunes where people can legally purchase the songs if they like them. That's it.