Complaint Review: Jessica's A list

• Updated: Wed, March 17, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa — LA California USA
Jessica's A list
www.jessicasalist.com Los Angeles, California United States of America

Jessica's A list Don't ever sign up with Jessica's A list calling service! Jessica Pappas will take your money, not refund you when you cancel, then say bad things about you to casting agents to ruin your name! Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Avoid Jessica's A-List, particularly Mollye

*Consumer Comment: I have 100% trust in Jessica's A-list

I was signed up with Jessicas A List a list awhile back for several months. Things were going ok and Id get booked for background jobs at least 1-2x per week. Then one week I had a family emergency and needed to leave town and had to take that week off. So I called and spoke to Jessica Pappas and you know what that Queen B**ch told me, she said NO! I couldnt believe it. How do you say no to a family emergency? She had me booked on ONE job that whole week, which she could of easily replaced me (this is just background work), but I guess that would be too much work for her. She then started to question me on what my family emergency was. I told her its personal (which it is). She then had the nerve to tell me I was lying.

All I can say is shes crazy. I ended up canceling her services and I even found out she said bad things about me to the casting director to make me look bad. I cant believe someone would be so selfish when Im the one paying them money to help me out. Plus she never refunded me for the rest of the month and my last months dues. There are many good calling services out there so dont waste your time with someone that has such and attitude and is on a power trip!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2009 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jessicas-A-list/Los-Angeles-California-90027/Jessicas-A-list-Dont-ever-sign-up-with-Jessicas-A-list-calling-service-Jessica-Pappas-493458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jessica's A list

Avoid Jessica's A-List, particularly Mollye

AUTHOR: melange6 - ()

After submitting the necessary paperwork and being accepted for consideration for various film & commercial jobs through Jessica's Calling Service, I had the most unfortunate experience of speaking to Mollye (whom I believe to be one of the company's co-founders), just one day following my acceptance therein.

Mollye has a very pseudo-authoritative, bossy, and loud voice and tried to both intimidate and discomfort me (a 6'2'' 215lb man), with constant interuption, overspeaking, a smug attitude, and (most astonishignly) an obvious aversion to me being Multiracial/mixed-race.

Regarding the racial issue in particular, she was confused and dumb-founded as to my racial identity although I had clearly stated as much in my initial e-mail to her in which I provided a clear and easy to follow synopsis of who I am in a nutshell (including my racial heritage).

Being the naive, inexperienced, or more perpahs lilly-white and/or the simple minded person that she is, she attempted to project her inadequte and passive-aggressive racist attitude and feelings about me being mixed-race upon me, by saying such rude things like "what are you" and "you're in between". I had to remind this moron that the Multracial population is not 'in-between' anything but is in fact one in which augments, or is in addition to, the previously existing racial categories. Her response: "we'll choose the roles for you based on how we see you", showing no respect to my own judgement, self-knowledge, and decision making prowess when taking into consideration particular roles.

A few moments later into this very uncomfortable conversation, I asked a very simple, easy question regarding the rates for particular roles (I believe for commercials), and it was at this moment that she blew up in an arrogant tiff, completley insulted that someone like me would ask someone like her such a question. She was incensed that I asked the question, stating very proudly, loudly, and matter of factly, "well, our clients already know these things prior to joining us", to which I responded sarcastically (after already being pissed off regarding her racial rudeness), "well excuse me Mollye! Excuse me!". She then very snootily retorted, "You know what, I don't think we're going to bring you on as a client", and then promptly hung up!

In conclusion, I'd recommend avoiding these people, Mollye in particular, who is a complete ass, jerk, and b****.  If Mollye's conduct is any indication, they are completely unprofessional and narrow-minded when it comes to dealing with the diversity of today's world. I'm not sure of the lilly-white insular enclave that these people come from, but if you're not cut from the same cloth, I'd highly recommed you look elsewhere.

Lastly, I don't know who this 'Nicole K.' person is, but she sounds like an employee to me.

Thanks & Break A Leg,

I have 100% trust in Jessica's A-list

AUTHOR: Nicole K. - (United States of America)

I am a person who is currently signed up with Jessica's A-list. I have been using her services since January 2006 and before that I used another company from 2003-2006 (Extra's Management) that Jessica Pappas carried a great deal of responsibility in.

I followed Jessica over to her own company because I have a great deal of trust in her professionalism. I also consider myself a professional, so I follow the rules and am aware of her policies in order to be reliable and get hired as frequently as I can.
Jessica tells it like it is- if someone breaks the rules they are called out on it. I respect this a lot- bluntness is not common in Hollywood where people often say one thing to your face and do another behind your back.

That being said, as a professional I have made it a point to never break the rules. If I conduct myself as a professional then Jessica will treat me as one.

I had an emergency once (I came down with food poisoning and had to cancel a job) and Jessica was caring & concerned. She knew my track record and knew I wasn't lying. I was honest with Jessica about the situation- if the person who posted this awful review wasn't lying about their "family emergency" then I don't understand why the person couldn't have been straight forward with Jessica instead of being shady and secretive.

Jessica works hard for her people. That is why her service is exclusive and hard to get into. She doesn't sign up every person that applies in order to make more money like some companies do. She prides herself on only signing the best, most reliable, bookable people.

I believe that the person who posted this complaint was just angry and has no basis for a real complaint.

Thanks for listening!