Complaint Review: Jet Blue Air

• Updated: Sun, July 27, 2014

• Reported By: stuart — henderson Nevada
Jet Blue Air
Nationwide USA

Jet Blue Air Refundable fares only get you points, not real refund Salt Lake City, UT Nationwide

Jet Blue airlines does not really give refunds when you buy a fully refundable flight.  I called Jet Blue to purchase a fully refundable flight because I need a backup to my Delta flight that was delayed.  My concern was that Delta would cancel the flight.  I called jet Blue, asked for a fully refundable flight, and was asked for my credit card information

I provided my credit card information and was charged $1800 for two tickets.  While still on the phone with the jet Blue ticking agent, my delta flight started to board, and I advised the ticketing agent of such.  A day later when I called jet Blue to get my $1800 refund, I was told that it had already been refunded.  Then I got an email from jet Blue advisng that half of my payment was put into a Jet Blue Travel Bank, which I could use for future jet blue travel.

I called jet Blue and told them that I needed a refund, not a jet blue prepaid credit balance.  They told me that they couldnt refund me because I didnt call to cancel the flight before it took off ) I coulndt, I was on a flight) and I had no idea that such a requirement existed.  I had specifically asked for a fully refundable flight.  The Jet Blue agent "Jody", employee number 39599 told me that I only get the credit, and I only get it for my ticket.  The other half of what I paid was given as a credit to the child I was flying with.

A prepaid flight credit, for half of what I paid, or for any amount, is not a refund.  I bought a fully refundable ticket and jet Blue has refused to provide such refund.    My suggestion would be that all travelers stay as far away from jet Blue as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2014 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jet-Blue-Air/nationwide/Jet-Blue-Air-Refundable-fares-only-get-you-points-not-real-refund-Salt-Lake-City-UT-Nat-1165322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jet Blue Air