Complaint Review: Jewelry for Less

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Notrebonnevie — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Jewelry for Less
Internet, Georgia United States of America

Jewelry for Less Rodeo Jewels Company Misrepresentations in product and warranty descriptions and false promises of customer service Internet, Georgia

On June 1, 2012 I purchased on ebay a ring similar to the one presently on ebay bt Jewelry for Less as item 360405063004. I did not receive the ring until June 21 and when I received it, it had a diamond missing. I asked the company what to do and they said I could have it fixed and they would compensate me, but "if it was for a very big amount then we will do it for you". Please note - nothing of the 4 month warranty and return language that is so elaborately promised by them on the web or on email.

I was traveling for business and was not able to deal with getting the ring repaired until About September / October. On October 29 I emailed Mr Sunil Hemani (with whom all of my correspondence occurred), and advised him as follows: "... I have had the ring fixed and it cost me about $100.00. I had not yet asked you to pay for the fixing costs. However, another diamond just fell out and I am now feeling a bit frustrated and would like to return the ring to you. I presume that you will understand that the situation is not acceptable to me and that I could return. Could you please confirm the procedure that I should follow?"

The response was that they will not accept return of the ring because their 4 month warranty expired 7 days earlier and they will not reimburse me for the $100 I spent because it was too much for the 2 stones that fell out. They only offered to fix the - yet another stone that fell out - if I paid the shipping.

I was not prepared to do this as the ring was clearly a lemon. I subsequently sent 2 further emails to Mr Hemani to try and resolve the issues, but not not even receive any response.

This is an example of some of the worst examples of misrepresentations of quality and service that I have encountered in the many years that I have been purchasing on Ebay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jewelry-for-Less/Internet-Georgia-/Jewelry-for-Less-Rodeo-Jewels-Company-Misrepresentations-in-product-and-warranty-descripti-1007851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jewelry for Less