Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube #1448

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: Don — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Jiffy Lube #1448
5185 Library Road Bethel Park, Pennsylvania USA

Jiffy Lube #1448 Pittsburgh Lubes, Inc. Poor mechanics = catastrophic engine failure! Bethel Park Pennsylvania

On October 11, 2012, I took my 2001 Cadillac Seville to the above named facility for a signature service oil change. On October 30, 2012 while on my way home from work, my low oil pressure, stop engine lights came on. The car was towed to my mechanic's facility to be diagnosed. After he ran his tests, he told me that the oil pressure was at or near zero and the engine was knocking badly.

It was uggested that I file a claim with Jiffy Lube and that was done. The manager at the Jiffy Lube location said he had to send the report to corporate. It took corporate two weeks to get in touch with me when a guy named chicken Marsala called and said I would have to have the oil pump taken out of the engine for Jiffy Lube to proceed.

After speaking to my mechanic, he said that this was a long process due to this being a  Northstar engine and I told him to do it. When the oil pump was removed, it was in six or seven pieces, something my mechanic said he had never seen before. He called Marsala who then told him that we needed to tear down the engine before he would send out an adjustor.

This was done and pictures of a well maintained engine were taken. The Jiffy Lube appraiser came out and we didn't hear from either he nor Jiffy Lube. When my mechanic called Jiffy Lube two weeks later, Marsala denied any involvement by Jiffy Lube and I had to pay for the entire engine replacement.

I am seriously considering another class action suit against this organization and their parent company Shell Oil.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube-1448/Bethel-Park-Pennsylvania-15102/Jiffy-Lube-1448-Pittsburgh-Lubes-Inc-Poor-mechanics-catastrophic-engine-failure-Bet-1070074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube #1448