Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube- Ithaca NY

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:Ithaca New York
Jiffy Lube- Ithaca NY
348 Elmira Rd. Ithaca, New York U.S.A.

Jiffy Lube- Ithaca NY Puts back old rings on oil changes! Ithaca New York

I took my car into Jiffy Lube during the spring for a routine oil change and left thinking everything was fine. A few months later in the summer I was driving along and all of a sudden my oil light comes on. So I take the car to the dealership and my dealer tells me that there was a half hanging mummified ring on an old oil filter. Jiffy Lube changed the oil but they were too chinchy to replace the oil filter and ring (which is standard). I suspect they didnt have the one for my car even though I asked this prior to my visit. Now I had to pay over $300 for them to clean out the oil that had leaked all over the engine.

I called Jiffy Lube and they just denied any wrong doing and stated what since I was over the mileage for the next change (I am a long commuter) they werent going to help me even though I was not past the 3 month change date. The manager had no type of remorse. I took it up through the regional manager who was supposed to have investigated it. No ammends were made and I ended up eating the cost. I dont have the time to take it to small claims court but I warn everyone I know. DO NOT USE JIFFY LUBE!

Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube-Ithaca-NY/Ithaca-New-York/Jiffy-Lube-Ithaca-NY-Puts-back-old-rings-on-oil-changes-Ithaca-New-York-315083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube- Ithaca NY