Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube Store 438 - Paul LoPresti

• Submitted: Fri, August 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Williamstown New Jersey
Jiffy Lube Store 438 - Paul LoPresti
Route 42 Black Horse Pike Turnersville, New Jersey U.S.A.

Jiffy Lube Store 438 - Paul LoPresti Failure to reapir leaky oil filter Turnersville New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: JLI vs franchise

*Consumer Comment: Oh my.

*UPDATE Employee: Make sure you post all the facts

Glenn at Jiffy Lube in Turnersville was extremely rude and caused me to blow up after telling me he could not repair a leaky filter from service performed by another Jiffy Lube. The warranty of the back states that you should go to the center that performed the service but if that is not convenient you can take it to any location.

The manager Paul LoPresti who advertises on the radio how much of a good guy he is and that he is an outstandding member of the community made the situation worse. Infuriating me even more.

How simple can this be. I want my oil changed and a new filter and would help if that filter did not leak.
Both Paul and Glenn represented reasons why you should not take your car to Jiffy Lube, especially Turnersville, NJ.

Baseltj
Williamstown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2008 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube-Store-438-Paul-LoPresti/Turnersville-New-Jersey-08094/Jiffy-Lube-Store-438-Paul-LoPresti-Failure-to-reapir-leaky-oil-filter-Turnersville-New-368235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube Store 438 - Paul LoPresti

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

JLI vs franchise

AUTHOR: Ted Jefferson - (U.S.A.)

All of the unrelated posts set aside in this thread.

Jiffy Lube International franchises out their locations, there are not a lot of JLI shops around. With that being said The Top Off Policy states good at any Jiffy Lube Location. The location I had worked at would and has fixed problems that were originally serviced by other locations and franchises. I really don't think I could ever expect a customer to ever come back to Jiffy Lube if I told them I'm sorry you have to take it to the Jiffy Lube that initially did the service. As a matter of fact I would more expect the customer to have some choice words for me. The only time we have ever turned away work was if a different oil change company was responsible for poor workmanship or defective parts or damage to the car that could inhibit us from safely or properly performing the service.

I don't think telling a customer to drive their car several towns away due to a leaking double gasket on a filter, Now the leak can become worse. It becomes the same type of situation, putting the customers vehicle at risk to NOT inherit a problem.

I do not think that exemplifies outstanding customer service. If the work was not performed at your location it could have been handled as a warranty claim to satisfy any parts and labor that was needed to correct the problem. I have never seen JLI hold a shop accountable for the wrongdoings of another shop.

Ted

Oh my.

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

If you had taking the anger management classes court ordered to you...

you would have realized that they were in fact trying to help you, but instead you wanted to let your anger fuel the fire of stupidity.

All fault now goes to you.

Plus your lucky they even let you in the shop with that attitude. I would have told your @ss to go kick rocks.

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

I have heard many horror stories from people about them. In fact, go thru this website and check all the complaints about them.

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

Make sure you post all the facts

AUTHOR: Plopresti - (U.S.A.)

I am responsible for any complaints that come through our customer service department. This gentleman called in one of these complaints so I was made aware first hand what transpired. Here are my accounts of the details and subsequent rebuttal.

Dear Sir,

First of all there is more than one Paul Lopresti. Please make sure anything put in writing is about the correct person and anything written cannot be cause for any legal action. The Paul Lopresti heard on the radio is not the general manager at store 438 in Turnersville however, we are related. What was not mentioned is that the original service was performed at an entirely different Jiffy Lube location in PA. What the other Paul was trying to say was that if he went and replaced the defective filter and there was something that was an unforseen problem not related to the said filter then the negligence falls on the last person to work on the vehicle, meaning store 438. He also said after all the huffing and puffing that was done that he would go ahead and replace the oil filter. In the end the filter would have gotten replaced, so Im not sure where the original problem was. A Jiffy Lube location in Pennsylvania installed a defective oil filter and this post was made towards an entirely different ownership group for not correcting someone else's mistake. Granted, we are a part of that Franchise community and we would certainly take care of any issues in relation to the issue as long as the original store was notified and gave us the okay first. This is a courtesy we extend to each other. If the original store cannot be contacted we then have to make a judgement call, but since this issue came to us during normal store hours we certainly had the time to get a response from that store. I am not sure what words transpired between the three parties but I am sure that the communication was not clear on one end or the other. This communication breakdown usually happens when one person blames the other and that person gets defensive both in words and actions which only serves to infuriate the first person.

To your post. Glenn was rude and caused you to blow up? I have met MANY rude people in my time here on earth and not one of them ever MADE ME blow up. I did that all by myself. I have explained how we handle all warranty claims that were caused by another store.

The manager does NOT put his voice on the radio however his nephew, me, does. Once again I cannot see how someone advertising on the radio would infuriate anyone for any reason. In this post I hear that you want what you pay for and you and I or anyone else are entitled to exactly that. This post is a real tragedy since the Turnersville Jiffy Lube did NOT perform this original service. Please post all the details and do not post anything that is not true.