Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Reported By: ken — Hanover Pennsylvania
Jiffy Lube
1075 George St. Hanover, Pennsylvania USA

Jiffy Lube Installed wrong oil filter Hanover Pennsylvania

I brought our 2005 Caravan in for a oil change and injector cleaning service. The tech broke the oil stick so he could not guarantee correct oil level. After oil the change and during injecter cleaning I went outside to see progress.

He had the engine running at a high RPM. The sound coming from vechicle could only be a  bearing, it was knocking loudly. I had not heard this sound from our van before. I made mention of it to the tech and he kind of ignored me.

I brought the van to another garage and the mechanic said the oil filter Jiffy installed Was too small. I went back to Jiffy and informed the manager. He stated that it is not the size of filter but flow rate that counts. Their smaller filter had 7 returns the bigger one installed at different garage had 8 return.

The manager of Jiffy also stated my van made that sound when I pulled in and he made note of it on invoice. I was unaware of this since he said nothing to me and I did not have reading glasses at the time.

The manager was very aggressive and mocked much of my rebuttal. I am waiting for response from owner and hope to find affordable representation if needed. I will not have repeat business with Jiffy and would caution all who do. Google has over 48,000 negitive comments under group Jiffy Lube. This is a fact.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Hanover-Pennsylvania-17331/Jiffy-Lube-Installed-wrong-oil-filter-Hanover-Pennsylvania-1075153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube