• Report: #1062094

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Sharon — Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
Jiffy Lube
1672 3rd St S Jacksonville Beach, Florida USA

Jiffy Lube Sold one brand then switched and installed other Jacksonville Beach Florida

June 20, 2013 (midday) - Went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change.  It was brought to my attention that I also needed windshield wipers.  I stated that I usually do those myself.  Employee continued to tell me about them and showed me prices on computer screen of RainX Premium wipers for $14.99 and said if I purchased two of them I would get a 3rd one (for rear window) free therefore equalling out to approximately 10 bucks each.  I stated "If it is definitely the RainX wipers for that price then go ahead and replace them.  He said "Yes, they are".  My wipers were replaced.

June 20, 2013 (evening) - Decided to clean my windows.  Noticed the new wipers on my vehicle was branded "Champion".  Proceeded to research on internet whether RainX wipers were made my Champion or vice versa.  Could not find this to be the case.

June 25, 2013 - Found time to re-visit Jiffy Lube and question this switch from the brand I purchased to another brand.  Employee (same who sold me on the RainX) said they were the same wipers.  I stated they were not the same, they were a different brand and I should have been told.  He continued to say they don't even sell RainX brand wipers anymore but they just haven't been taken out of the computer system.  He further stated "He was busy" as I told him that what he had done was not acceptable nor appreciated.

As I now type this letter and reference my receipt I find that the wiper blades were charged at 2 for $39.98 and a 3rd for $14.99 minus $15.00 which I find totals $39.97.  Clearly, not equivalent to "10 bucks each".  Shame on me for not checking the receipt before leaving the shop.

I am now left to wonder whether the Signature service oil change at $39.99 plus $28.00 (high mileage 10W30 bulk and high mileage oil upcharge) which totals $67.98 was actually the oil that went into my vehicle.  I suppose I will never know.

Sharon, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Jacksonville-Beach-Florida-32250/Jiffy-Lube-Sold-one-brand-then-switched-and-installed-other-Jacksonville-Beach-Florida-1062094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube