Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube
2551 Western Ave Park Forest, Illinois United States of America

Jiffy Lube overcharged, put my life in danger Park Forest, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Jiffy Lube International Response

I called Jiffy Lube twice to get an estimate on Tire Rotation service before going over there. The guy told me both times that it was going to be $24.99. I took my car over there and allowed them to do the job. When they were almost finished they told me the price was $51.00. I said that is not the price you told me on the phone and the guy just said well it should have been better explained to me. He said the price would only be $24.99 if you get an oil change with the tire rotation. I was not told this on the phone though. After they finished the job and sent me on my way, I noticed something wrong as I was driving. The car was much louder this time. At first I thought they had messed with the engine so when I got home I called them, but the guy said they never touched the engine. I drove it to work the next day and the sound got louder and louder on the freeway. I was very scared of the car breaking down. While at work I let my coworker and a mechanic from the trucking company I work at, take a look at it and test drive it. They told me that Jiffy Lube had neglected to screw in the bolts on the rear tires and that is what was causing the noise. So my coworker tightened all the bolts and I took the car for a test drive and the noise was gone. I feel like Jiffy Lube not only overcharged me for this job but also put my life in danger because the rear tires could have come off while I was driving and the back of my car would have fallen on the street which would have caused even more damage to my car. I will never go to Jiffy Lube for anything ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Park-Forest-Illinois-60484/Jiffy-Lube-overcharged-put-my-life-in-danger-Park-Forest-Illinois-989516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube International Response

AUTHOR: Jiffy Lube Customer Service - (United States of America)

Hi Shelly -

We are writing to you on behalf of Jiffy Lube International Customer Service. Were sorry to hear about your experience, and appreciate you sharing this information. Our service centers are run by franchisees, so wed like to share this feedback with the franchisee at the location you visited. Could you e-mail us with the best way to contact you at jiffy-lube-customer-service@shell.com? Thanks and we look forward to connecting.