Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 14, 2011

• Reported By:whitebear lake Nebraska
Jiffy Lube
Saint Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jiffy Lube Watch your money Saint Paul Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: I call SHENANIGANS

*Author of original report: Jiffy Lube hit back

There is a District Manager in saint paul, mn for Jiffy Lube. His name is Bobby Mcgee. He is a crook! Yes I am a former employee, and no, I was not fired. I left because I could no longer work for a piece of trash like Bobby Mcgee. He would sell $25 air filters that we did not have in stock, and either put in one that didn't fit or leave the old one in and still charge the customer.

He got oil on a customers seat, and tried to cover it up. He told me "If he drives off the lot, we can denie the damage" He has also put basic oil in peoples cars that paid for full synthtic. The basic oil cost $34.99, while the full synthetic cost $67.99. Most of the people in the company are good honest people, but I will avoid Jiffy Lube as long as Bobby Mcgee still works for them!

Anonymous
whitebear lake, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Saint-Paul-Minnesota/Jiffy-Lube-Watch-your-money-Saint-Paul-Minnesota-463369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube

I call SHENANIGANS

AUTHOR: upnorth4 - (USA)

I am a Jiffy Lube store manager in Minnesota.  My DM has never threatened me OR my employees in any way for not selling services.  He DOES visit my store, and talk to me on the phone about numbers, ticket averages, sales,etc.  This has occurred with EVERY Manager and District Manager in my 30 year retail career at many large and very well known companies.  Jiffy Lube is a company made up of people. Some are exemplary people, some are probably crooks, the VAST majority are people trying to do their job to the best of their ability.

My DM also takes FULL responsibility, as do I, for ANY errors we make, and we do make them, as we are humans. He also talks to me quite often about me Customer Service Scores, complaints AND we also talk about the roughly 25 COMPLIMENTS per month my store gets.

Anyone who goes into Jiffy Lube or ANY other store of any type better understand that we are there to make an honest profit.  WE provide products and services, and recommend those products and services you and your vehicle require.  No more, no less.

If my DM starts pressuring me to make sales which are unnecessary, illegal,  or immoral, he won't have to fire me.  I'm GONE, as I do NOT do business that way.  Ever. And he knows it and fully supports it.

I sincerely hope you have the chance to visit my Jiffy Lube, and see how this business is supposed to run.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Ted Jefferson - (U.S.A.)

I have not seen any district managers that were worth while. Not to sound biased but most are only concerned with numbers. I know The one I worked for only cared about ticket average. He would send out emails every day threatening to write up every one who could not maintain high 60$ through out the day. That tells me that that DM did not care how it was done, be it pressure sales, sampling, or plain out lying. That DM did not care what our location did as long as the numbers were there. Deception of the customer gets you nowhere, it can ruin your reputation, and cause a lot of people to loose their job. Those DM's that think they are above the law are sadly wrong. They need to keep in mind that the corp. level will fire them just as easy as some one at the shop level when the state of the business is at risk.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Jiffy Lube hit back

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I'm happy to report that Jiffy Lube (Heartland Automotive) is looking out for their customers. I have heard through the grape vine that they FIRED Bobby Mcgee. Please remember this, Jiffy Lube is a business. They are going to offer you services that are recommended by your manufacture. Because they try to sell you these services doesn't mean their scaming you, just ask questions, and if you question what they did ask them to see what they did. They will show you, because they need you!