Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Updated: Fri, July 09, 2010

• Reported By: JimmyRay — Tampa Florida United States of America
Jiffy Lube
8303 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, Florida United States of America

Jiffy Lube #64 incompetence nealry destroyed my brand new car. Refused to reimburse me for their negligence! Tampa, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Why take a new car there?

I took my brand new car to Jiffy Lube for it's first oil change. I waited over an hour as they comepleted the oil change, it cost $39.95. Their service members failed to tighten the OIL PLUG properly, resulting in all the oil leaking out of my car the over the next three-five days, putting my brand new car at the risk of a total ENGINE BLOWOUT!

I attempted to put oil in the car myself (cost $9.65), but as I poured the new oil in the car - I watched it leak out onto the ground! I took my car to the nearest service station, and they were able to replace the MISSING OIL PLUG and refill the oil to it's proper level, they charged me $22.00.

I was thankful the new service station even had an oil plug that fit my car and that they were so reasonable to fix the problem. They reported that I was "very lucky my engine did not blow-out!" So far, my oil change had cost me OVER $70.00 and six-hours of my time! And I still considered myself lucky something worse had not happended.

I contacted store manager Emory at Jiffy Lube, store #63, to report the incident and see what they were going to do about the problem. I requested reimbursement for all expenses. Three-weeks later Empory called and reported they will reimburse me for either the new oil service I had done - $22.00, or the new oil I had to put in my car - $9.65, but not both or even for the original (and negligent) oil change Jiffy Lube had preformed. I told them this was unacceptable. Empory reported, "That's all we're willing to do."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2010 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Tampa-Florida-33614/Jiffy-Lube-64-incompetence-nealry-destroyed-my-brand-new-car-Refused-to-reimburse-me-fo-582955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Why take a new car there?

AUTHOR: Matt - (USA)

I'm curious why anyone would take a new vehicle to some incompetent outfit like Jiffy Lube? If I was you id spend the extra $10.00 and go to your dealer! I mean, look what works at Jiffy lube!