Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Updated: Thu, June 19, 2014

• Reported By: Jeffs — Westminster Maryland
Jiffy Lube
385 north center st Westminster, Select State/Province USA

Jiffy Lube Misrepresented (lied) about the brand of wiper blades that they claimed they were selling me Westminster Maryland

Went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. As usual , they try to sell you as many additional services as possible. They said my wiper blades needed replacing. Their computer screen indicated 12.99 as the price so I agreed to have them changed.

when they gave me what my total amount was going to be it seemed awful high. I inquired and was told that my wiper blades were 24.99 each. I said never mind I'll go to the local auto parts store and get them as they also install them free.

the counter guy said we compare prices and were only 2$ more on the Ranex blades so I went ahead with it paying 50$ for 2 wiper blades.

the next day I decided to take a look at the blades they installed.  They were tec select. Brand which I found to be available for 7.99 each.

thinking that they made a mistake and installed the wrong blades I returned to the store and asked that they install the blades I payed for. They guy who sold me the blades took my receipt and went off to the service bay. I assumed he was getting the correct blades. Never saw him again. Another gentleman was now at the counter with my receipt. I asked him is the other guy off making a set of Ranex blades. He told me that they do t sell Rainex blades. He was at the register to refund my 49.90. So I got my money refunded without any comment apology or explanation Aston why they misrepresented what they were selling. So I got a free set of cheap wiper blades. Just a word of warning. I would be very careful paying more than the rock bottom price for wiper blades if you decide you want to do business with these people they charged me 24.99 for an 8$ wiper blade and lied about the brand I was getting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2014 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Westminster-Select-StateProvince-21157/Jiffy-Lube-Misrepresented-lied-about-the-brand-of-wiper-blades-that-they-claimed-they-w-1156076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube