Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Reported By: wjodea — Aurora Illinois
Jiffy Lube
1845 MARKETVIEW DR Yorkville, Illinois USA

Jiffy Lube Overcharging on purpose Yorkville Illinois

I was driving past Jiffy Lube in Yorktown, IL and remembered I needed an oil change, so I drove in. Place was empty, so I spent about 5 minutes in the lounge before being called into the bays. The employee asked me what kind of oil I wanted. He showed me the four options, ranging from $39 to $69, and I replied, "Give me the cheapest stuff."

We went over a few other options, which I declined, and was told my total would be $75! The guy either didn't hear me or ignored me--either way, he chose the most expensive oil instead of the least.

Hey, no problem. We all make mistakes! I pointed out his error, but was told it was too late--the other employees had already started pouring the most expensive brand into my car's engine. I hadn't agreed to anything at this point but they had started work on my car. (Strike 1!)

To his credit, the employee apologized and told me they would only charge me the cheap cost. Well done! They admitted their mistake and showed some proper customer service. If only they had stopped there.

When I went to pay, I was told there would be a $15 charge because of the mistake. In other words, because they made a mistake and because they started work on my car without my approval, I need to pay them extra. (Strike 2!) I had to leave, so I paid.

A few days later, it rained and I noticed my wiper blades, which were fine before I hit Jiffy Lube (and which I refused to pay for replacements) had two big cuts in them. Looks like Jiffy Lube punished me for their mistake. (Strike 3!)

To summarize: This Jiffy Lube location began work on my car without my agreement; ignored my choice of oil and used the most expensive brand; charged me extra because they ignored my choice; and screwed up my wiper blades to punish me. Not all Jiffy Lube locations are this way, but I don't know which ones are owned and operated by JK Enterprises (who owns the Yorkville, IL location) or not. Therefore, I recommend everyone avoid Jiffy Lube. I mean, it's not like oil change places aren't a dime a dozen!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Yorkville-Illinois-60560/Jiffy-Lube-Overcharging-on-purpose-Yorkville-Illinois-1068999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube