Complaint Review: Jiffylube

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2005

• Reported By:Arleta, California
Jiffylube
15300 Victory Blvd Van Nuys Ca 91406 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Jiffy Lube ripoff fraud business Van Nuys California *UPDATE ..regional rep agreed employees had no special training.

*Consumer Suggestion: Jiffy Lubes in Massachusetts hire dummies

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not true

*UPDATE Employee: Not true at all!

*Consumer Comment: My own experience with Jiffy Lube

*0: regional rep was in agreement with me that the employees did not have any special training.

Jiffylube ripoff incompedent dumb mistreated and ripped off the business that doesn't give a dam slow prossessing slime-ball slow prossessing the business that doesn't give a dam slow prossessing the business that doesn't give a dam Van Nuys California ....

I went to Jiffylube early one morning thinking I would get my automatic transmission change quickly and at a fair price.How was I to know that was the start of my problems.

I was the first customer of the day,but I thought I would not ever get out of there.After waiting for a long time,I approached the man in charge .He told me that they had to go to the auto parts to get a filter.When my car was finally finished,the man apoligized and gave me a small discount.

After leaving ,my transmission started to slip and not shift correctly.It didn't registar with me that anything they did caused the problem.

It took me awhile to find a honest transmission repair man,After getting an estimate of $750 to $1500 for repair ,I found a honest repair man who change the oil again and found out that that a gasket under the filter was not installed.I have since E mailed Jiffylube and explained the problem.They have not replied. If I had continued to drive the car ,the transmisson would have burned up.

Dale
Arleta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2002 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffylube/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Jiffy-Lube-ripoff-fraud-business-Van-Nuys-California-UPDATE-regional-rep-agreed-employ-38796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffylube

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Jiffy Lubes in Massachusetts hire dummies

AUTHOR: Roland - (U.S.A.)

I knew a guy who was borderline retarded, and was hired to work at Jiffy Lube in Danvers, MA. About a month later, he forgot to cap the oil drain underneath a woman's car, and her engine seized. It was completely shot. She filed a lawsuit against Jiffy Lube and won. The worker was fired.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

My husband worked for jiffy lube for 1 year. He had no training at all and was hired to be the person in charge of the lower bay.The reason it takes so long for your cars to get done is because there is usually only one person down there.They were told to mess with customers and tell them that they had made changes and charge them for it when they had not done anything. Another thing they do is, when you get your radiator service, which a very expensive service, they don't fill your radiator with new fluid. they run a hose down below to the lower bay which goes to a funnell type filter then into a bucket. When they fill it up they just pump the used fluid out of the bucket through a separate hose and into your car. They charge around 50 to 60 bucks for that crap!They will also steal out of your car if you leave anything in it. they are told to vacum up change jewelry or whatever else they want. After they close they then go through the vacum and get that money or whatever out. If you have any doubts go ahead and call Leon. He's in charge of the north tarrant county stores in texas. Don't let them near your car ever.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

i worked at jiffy lube for four months and i never receive any training or certifications and i was the main lower bay working wiht out training or certifications

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not true at all!

AUTHOR: Irving - (U.S.A.)

I am currently an employee for a Jiffy Lube store and I feel insulted by these comments. While there have been mistakes that have occured at our store, we have always fixed them correctly. There was also a comment that stated that we receive no special training... also false! As a new-hire, employees must attend E.O. (employee orientation, where there duties as a tech and also how to perform services are taught. This class is usually a week long and after that they also have hands on training. In my store we also have a GM/ASE certified who has been with the company for 10 yrs. Also, another employee who has succesfully graduated from UTI (Universal Technical Institute). Now I am not sure where you got the info about the RM saying we recive no training, that is false. If you want to know more or have questions, feel free to post your questions below, and I will respond.

My own experience with Jiffy Lube

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

I took my vehicle there for a couple of years, after deciding that I didn't want to change my own oil anymore. I had one instance where a part on my car was broken, but Jiffy Lube paid for it with no problem.

But, I no longer go there after learning something about them. It seems that my mom, who also took her car there, had a part in the suspension go bad. She took it to the dealer, who asked her why she never had her front end lubed to prevent wear to the part. Jiffy Lube is supposed to be doing this, but judging by that, they weren't, and when I found this out, I never went back there. Buyer beware.

#11 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Jiffy Lube finally contacted me about my complaint,but they would not offer any settelmentThe regional rep was in agreement with me that the employees did not have any special training.

I would not trust these people to change the oil in my lawn mower.Think twice next time you need you oil change ,and hire a mechanic.The extra money will save you from buying an engine or transmission.