Complaint Review: Jim Adler

• Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By: Dave — Houston Texas
Jim Adler
Houston, Texas USA

Jim Adler Tried to get us to settle for less then what the medical bills ended up being. He also told me in Texas nobody gets future medical. I believe he was paid off. I asked him to allow us to get a real lawyer and pay him his third of want he wanted to settle for now. He wouldn't have it. Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: I am no fan of this "Attorney"

He tried to get us to settle a lawsuit for less then the medical bills. Told us in Texas no one gets future medical. My wife can't get insurance or healthcare now. He was on the companies side we were trying to sue. I found other attornies that said We had at least a million dollar lawsuit. I contacted the State bar and they told me I was stuck with him unless I could prove he was getting paid off. He kept saying this is a big international company and he might lose against their attornys'even though they had already admited guilt.

I asked him if I could pay him his commision or pay, a 1/3 of the amount he wanted to settle for and let me get an attorney that wasn't afraid, when we settled. He said if hired another attorney I'd have to pay them both a third and the medical would still be mine. When I asked about medical care for my wife now he showed a list of five pages of clients, at a guess 125, that all needed medical care and he wasn't paying for anyone and that we needed to settle to get her taken care of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2014 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Adler/Houston-Texas/Jim-Adler-Tried-to-get-us-to-settle-for-less-then-what-the-medical-bills-ended-up-being-1154890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Adler

I am no fan of this "Attorney"

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

BUT what is the reason your wife cannot get insurance??? If she was the victim of a accident then there is no reason she would be ineligible for insurance. I highly doubt the State Bar of Texas stated you were stuck with him.  The Bar takes all complaints serious yet you said he was being paid off by the other side?? Can you proof this??

FYI never use an Attorney who advertises on TV because they are not trustworthy - Brian Loncar for one (driving his Bentley while on the phone hitting a Ambulance and then suing the City of Dallas).  You got what you paid for.