Complaint Review: Jim Holden

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: Scott — Upstate New York
Jim Holden
2505 East Bay Drive, Largo, Florida United States of America

Jim Holden The Bald Guide Stole my deposit after he cancelled the trip Largo, Florida

We booked a fishing trip to Altmar on the Salmon River last year.  Jim "setup" another guide for us and stated he would be in touch about two weeks before the scheduled date based on the water and where the fish were.  Two weeks out I was not able to reach anyone.  Finally about a day before the trip I think Jim accidentally answered his phone and told me the trip was off since I hadn't called him or the guide to confirm.

Well I recited every date and time I left messages, sent texts and sent emails.  He offered to refund my money immediately.   He also mentioned he had knee surgery, and was recovering.  When I asked him what all of the noise I could hear in the background was he mentioned he was at a church dinner.  It was right then that I knew I was scammed!

I have not been able to reach him since, and he never sent me back my deposit.

Total thief!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Holden/Largo-Florida-33771/Jim-Holden-The-Bald-Guide-Stole-my-deposit-after-he-cancelled-the-trip-Largo-Florida-1043721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Holden