Complaint Review: Jim Walter Homes - Walter Industries, Inc Mid-State Homes, Inc.)

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2003

• Reported By:Coleman Florida
Jim Walter Homes - Walter Industries, Inc Mid-State Homes, Inc.)
4211 W. Boy Scout Blvd. Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Jim Walter Homes Walter Industries Mid-State Homes, Inc. ripoff victimized many consumers Tampa Florida

Please Help!
We currently have about 6 years before completing the mortgage payments on our Jim Walters Home. As of this date we are approximately one and a half months behind. One and a half months! As a result Mr. Jim Knight of Jim Walter Homes has threatened foreclosure. I know we will be able to catch up in two weeks. Will they wait that long?

After reading the horrific reports by other consumers, I am dealing with a double-edged sword. It's nice to know that we are not the only persons being down-spokened to, leaking pipes, windows that let air in and out, sagging floors, and rotting wood (it's not really wood - more like a wood substitute). Now how do we stand up for ourselves?

We are a working class (just about equal with the poverty level) family, when I can find work...again that is. But we've always manage to keep our heads above water. I know we will come out of this okay. However, it is not ethically or morally correct the things one company can get away...just because they can.

I am currently trying to contact Jim Walters Headquarters re a forebearance as most mortgage companies have one. I hope they do, too.

Here's a point of interest. My husband and I recently went to pay $100 on the $486 we owe. This office where Mr. Knight ususally does his reign of terror from, had a proudly displayed bulletin board of homes that had been repossed and some resold in various locations in Florida. I remember a couple. Pierson and Lecanto.

Whether or not we are allowed to keep our "dream home" or not, I am more than willing to participate in Walter Industries, Inc. cleaning up it's act. Even if it is merely the way they speak to their Customers (esp. non-threatening customers who know not to struggle when they're head is in the lion's mouth), regardless of who holds all the cards.

Sherry
Coleman, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2003 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes-Walter-Industries-Inc-Mid-State-Homes-Inc/Tampa-Florida-33607/Jim-Walter-Homes-Walter-Industries-Mid-State-Homes-Inc-ripoff-victimized-many-consumers-61471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes - Walter Industries, Inc Mid-State Homes, Inc.)