Complaint Review: Jim Walter Homes

• Submitted: Mon, December 20, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 20, 2004

• Reported By:Woodford Virginia
Jim Walter Homes
Warrenton Road Fredericksburg, Virginia U.S.A.

Jim Walter Homes Got A Foundation Now ripoff Fredericksburg Virginia

Well I now have a foundation in the middle of December. The blocklayer forgot about blocking for a walkout door in the garage though. Also no garage floor poured either. Materials for the construction of the home have begun to arrive. We got some lumber and trusses a couple of weeks ago.

Today came 9 windows and 2 doors. Though not anywhere near enough for what is specified to go in the home. Also according to th wording in the blueprints, the floor joists should be pressure treated lumber. I dont see any of that onsite yet.

The framers should have been here last Friday to begin. Still nothing and no one has a straight answer for anything. All the trusses and osb have been on the ground now for three weeks soaking up water. We had heavy rain 4 out of 5 days in a row.

Now we have snow on the ground. My wife and I have been displaced because of this f@#$^&g pos company. If and when our house ever gets completed we are sure there will be problems and JW Homes will not want to take care of them in a timely manner.

Heck, they have no concept of time. We had a daughter born prematurely and when she can come home in February or March, we worry about mold (from the soaking wet lumber) allergies. She already has a compromised respiratory system. I want to pay Jim Walter Homes for the permits and foundation (minus the cost to fix the foundation the include a walk out door. Void the contract and all that goes with it, and then tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I can build with a construction loan a better house with better quality materials. Not to mention i have also spoken to several contractors in the area who would be willing to frame and dry in for about 50k. If I had any legal recourse left to do so I would. So until next time....

Ruther Glen, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2004 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22401/Jim-Walter-Homes-Got-A-Foundation-Now-ripoff-Fredericksburg-Virginia-123664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes