rank

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 03, 2003

• Reported By:39428 Mississippi
Jim Walter Homes
7166 Us Hwy 49 Hattiesbug, Mississippi U.S.A.

Jim Walter Homes ripoff business from hell Hattiesbug Mississippi

*Consumer Comment: built with the lowest quality materials and the cheapest labor they can find.

In the year of 1994 I had a house built by Jim Walter Homes. I was a single mother I didn't know much about houses.

The first thing I noticed was a loose board in my hallway. My front porch isn't built right. The porch stairway isn't stable. The siding is beginning to rot. The walls are chipping. I have a lot of plumbing problems in my house.

Everything in the house seems to be cheap and weak. I think the house is not worth the amount that I pay for it every month.

Joanne
Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2003 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes/Hattiesbug-Mississippi-39428/Jim-Walter-Homes-ripoff-business-from-hell-Hattiesbug-Mississippi-63501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes

built with the lowest quality materials and the cheapest labor they can find.

AUTHOR: Russell - (U.S.A.)

Jim Walter Homes are built with the lowest quality materials and the cheapest labor they can find.

I worked at a construction company once that was asked to repair some of their homes. After surveying the situation, the company determined it would be better if they didn't proceed any further because any repairs they made were likely to cause other problems because the houses were so poorly built.

Also, I saw a JWH building on fire once. I witnessed the fire from a very small blaze to the house completely consumed. It took less that five minutes. Later I asked a freind who worked at the fire department about it. He said they don't get in too much of a hurry with JWH fires since they burn so quickly. They mainly just keep the fire from spreading to other houses.

My advice: save a lot of money later by spending a little more money up front and hire a "real" construction company to build your house.