Handle

• Submitted: Fri, November 04, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2005

• Reported By:Sorrento Florida
Jim Walter Homes
4540 W. Colonial Dr Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Jim Walter Homes ripoff Orlando Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Named in Report - I knew that when I quit I would be blamed for numerous things.

HELP ME!
I am also still waiting & waiting. My contract was signed January 12, 2005. I have been playing the phone tag game. And last month everyone in the Orlando Office was replaced. They have lied and lied to me. They have never even got past the permit stage. I have talked with two attorneys and they don't seem to be interested.

One directed me to the States Attorney Office and I called them and they said that an incident had to occur for them to file a report. I live in Lake County and I signed the papers in Orange County and I would have to go to Orange County. I talked with the Attorney that represents were I work and he adviced me to mail a letter requesting a time frame so that we could have something in writing. So I sent 5 return receipt letters. I received them back but of course the Secretaries had signed the cards. No response. I was also thinking that I should hang in there because prices have gone up soo much.

But has JWH actually built any houses lately? I was told by the New manager named Mary that they had 34 deals signed in January 2005 that had nothing done because of the old manager. But now after reading the Rip Off Report this is not an isolated incident. I can not possibly be the only one in this boat. There has to be some laws to protect us. At this point I just want my money back and my lien released, that was recorded January 2005. But I was also told that I would have to pay for services done. What has been done? NOTHING. I have called everyone in the corporation from Orlando to Tampa to North Carolina but no help. Any ideas?

Sarah
Sorrento, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2005 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes/Orlando-Florida-32802/Jim-Walter-Homes-ripoff-Orlando-Florida-163420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

I am the former manager named in this report. I knew that when I quit I would be blamed for numerous things. There were four individuals who all quit at the same time for the same reasons. We were tired of lying to the customers and feeling helpless. This company does not care about it's employees or it's customers. We were told what to say to the customers to "buy time". I was employed by Jim Walter Homes for five years both as a salesman and as the Branch Manager. Many sleepless nights were spent in trying to figure out a way to help these customers. I have a wealth of information that I can share. As early as today, I received an email and telephone calls from current JWH customers needing help. I will help any way I can. Good Luck! As for the 34 deals written in January, they are lucky if they get 34 a year written and ten built.