Complaint Review: Jim Walter Homes

• Submitted: Thu, October 30, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 30, 2003

• Reported By:73461 Oklahoma
Jim Walter Homes
4000 Hwy 75 North Sherman, Texas U.S.A.

Jim Walter Homes, Inc ripoff! Our home is cracking apart, footing hand dug, problems from foundation to roof, promises but no action. Sherman Texas

Our home is 4 years old, we have had problems from the footing all the way thru, contractors looked at the house this past month say unless the footing and foundation are completely removed and redone our house will keep cracking apart.

Our first complaint with Jim Walters was on the day they dug the footing, we were told they were not finished, but the next day the footing was poured with no extra digging, they had hand dug this footing in clay and rock. The house was not finished on time, the wood floors were wet for 3 weeks on just one occasion before it was in the dry. We were told they would move the payment date, which never happened.

Our cracks started in the foundation the week we were to move in, the cracks in the house 3 weeks after we moved in, they have done 2 patch jobs in 4 years, which were not done well. Four years later we are still begging to get our house fixed and we are told that we have not given them a chance to fix our problems. One contractor has said our house would probably be condemned if it was checked out, d/t the cracks, swaying floors, separation of walls and ceilings, nails fall out of the ceiling all the time and our roof is awful,and probably mold in the floor. We can't afford to fix their mistakes.

They are the worlds best at putting you off until you file a complaint with the Florida Office, then they make you promises, empty promises. We have heard so many lies and been put thru so much, I am so ashamed of our home I don't want people to even see it, I have never had a open house. I could write a book on the things we've been told by this company. If you sign their contract they have you and you are stuck, and they know it.

Their contractors even brought their trash from home for me to clean up, this even encluded dirty diapers, beer bottles & cans, etc. They drank on the job,when they would show up. There is not one room in my 4 bedroom house that is not cracked, walls separating, nails fallen out of the ceiling. I wish the head person of Jim Walters had to live in my house and pay to cool or heat this house, and look at it falling apart. We have been ripped off by this company and are stuck.

Ellen
73461, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2003 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes/Sherman-Texas-75090/Jim-Walter-Homes-Inc-ripoff-Our-home-is-cracking-apart-footing-hand-dug-problems-from-70595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes