Port

• Submitted: Mon, October 19, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 19, 2009

• Reported By: ddd — vancouver British Columbia USA
Jim Welch
P10760 memorial dr. fort drum, new york. 13603 Buffalo, New York United States of America

Jim Welch, James Welch purchased a digital mixer via bank draft. He cashed the cheque but lied and said it never arrived. Mixer was not sent Buffalo, New York

My encounter with Jim Welch occurred in 2001. It was just after 9/11 and so I got no help from the FBI at the time. I still kept all my documentation (and registered a complaint with the RCMP and FBI).

The scam was a classic scheme:
I used the classified section of a well known musical instrument forum called Harmony Central to look for a digital mixer. Jim Welch contacted me and offered Digital Mixer (Yamaha 01V) for $1200. I agreed to the terms and after several e-mail exchanges I agreed to send him a bank draft.
After several weeks he claimed the cheque still had not arrived. This is when I realised I had been scammed since the policy with banks is that they will not initiate a trace or cancel the cheque until several months had passed. After this I never received any communication from Jim Welch and he obviously never sent the mixer.

I was naive at the time to make an online purchase this way and have learned my lesson but he still committed international fraud and should be punished.

From time to time I do a google search of his name. I think originally I had made the cheque out to Jim Welch and I believe the house it was mailed too was registered with this name (may have been his parents).
It looks like several other people have been scammed by him through various schemes over the past decade. Most recently I saw a cheque cashing scheme with his name attached to it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Welch/Buffalo-New-York-/Jim-Welch-James-Welch-purchased-a-digital-mixer-via-bank-draft-He-cashed-the-cheque-but-511839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Welch