Complaint Review: Jim

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Rockford Illinois
Jim
Winthrop Lane Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Ballys Total Fitness I Mean Total Rip Off lowered my Fico denied for Mortgage Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Comment: How do you figure?

I recently joined Ballys this year. I enjoyed going there. I ran short of money in the fall of 08. I got behind 1 month, caught back up and then was late again ( about 26 days).
Two weeks ago I paid them 80.00.( my membership is 29.00 a month). I was sure that I was current and even called Bally to make my payment over the phone. The agent told me my account is in good standing and to make sure that I make my next payment on time.

Yesterday I went to Chase to have a Mortgage letter of approval drawn up. My lender pulled my credit report and Ballys reported to all three bureaus that I'm 90 days past due. this lowered my fico to the point that FHA will not even accept me. The lender told me it caused my score to drop 50 or 60 points.
I immediatly logged into my Bally account and saw that the last payment I made was for the current month and the rest was applied to the following month leaving a balance of 40.00 due from October of 08. ( this is how they do it)

I totally understand how important it is to pay your bills on time. I just cant understand why Ballys would do that and expect me to ever darken their doorstep again. I WONT! My payoff is 355.00 which I am paying tomorrow. I also understand thats its difficult to have the negative reporting removed.

so, now, I lost the house I was ready to buy yesterday. They ruined my good credit rating, and made me look like a loser in front of my loan officer.

My company has Health club benefits and they offer membership at Ballys at a discounted rate. I plan on contacting my benefits manager today and tell them not to endorse this peice of shit company!.. Just wait until my bill is paid and I have my receipt in hand. I'm going to the facility and will cause a scene!!

STAY AWAY FROM BALLYS!!

Jim
Rockford, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim/Rockford-Illinois-61107/Ballys-Total-Fitness-I-Mean-Total-Rip-Off-lowered-my-Fico-denied-for-Mortgage-Rockford-Ill-402286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim

How do you figure?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

How is this a ripoff? You admitted to being behind on the payments. I realize that hard times came upon you, but that is not Bally's fault. I understand your frustration, but Ballys did not cause your trouble, YOU did. Everyone wants to blame someone else for their decisions. Out of curiosity, how are you able to afford the house now, even if you were accepted for mortgage by the bank? I am assuming that you have at least 10-20% down for the house. If that is so, why were you not able to make your payments on time just a few months ago?

Either way, I hope that your situation works out for the best. Maybe with some blessing, you will find a better deal on a better home at a better price in the near future.