Complaint Review: Jimmie L.J. Brown, Jr.

• Submitted: Mon, March 11, 2013

Concerning:  Jimmie Brown FRAUD
Jimmie L.J. Brown, Jr. Texas Bar No. 03141210
3102 Cherry Creek Drive    Missouri City, TX  77459

My name is Luro T.
Barry Powell provided financial services to help  attorney Jimmie L.J. Brown Jr. acquire a home because Brown could not qualify for a loan.   Shortly thereafter Powell employed Brown as his in house attorney. Powell said he terminated the employment of Brown  due to unprofessional conduct and extremely poor legal work.  When Brown had his wife refinance the home a dispute arose concerning a $4500 prepayment penalty.  Brown claimed he should not have to pay and he demanded that Powell pay it.  Shortly thereafter Brown filed suit against Powell.

Powell contacted me and asked me and asked me to defend him in the lawsuit.   After reviewing the facts in the case, I was confident that Brown had no case and no chance of winning. Powell paid me a retainer. As things developed, Brown became friendly with me and we made some money together on unrelated cases.  I learned that Brown had been angrily waging an uncanny personal vendetta against Powell and that Brown held a tremendous amount of resentment.  In my dealings with Brown I repeatedly witnessed him profit by engaging in unethical and unscrupulous business practices.

Regretfully, I participated with him to dmage Powell.  Brown set a hearing for a summary judgment against Powell.  In order to get a judgment Brown offered me $5,000 not to tell Powell about the hearing.  I regret to say that I did not tell Powell about the hearing and neither of us attended  the hearing.  As a result a summary judgment against Powell was won by Brown for triple damages and attorney fees for approximately $26,000.

signed a sworn affidavit attesting to this fact because I am a God fearing man and I want to be right with God and do the right thing.  This admission contributed to me having my license to practice law suspended.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jimmie-LJ-Brown-Jr/Missouri-City-Texas-77459/Jimmie-LJ-Brown-Jr-FRAUD-Sworn-Affidavit-Missouri-City-Texas-1027150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jimmie L.J. Brown, Jr.