Complaint Review: Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

• Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: peeved hoosier — Indianapolis Indiana USA
Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches
773 Loews Blvd Greenwood, IN 46143 Nationwide United States of America

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Jimmy John's Steals money, and corporate office ignores complaints. Greenwood, Nationwide

I used to order delivery semi-routinely from this location on the south side of Indianapolis across from Greenwood Park Mall. In fact, I have all of the order confirmations (7 of them, spanning as many months).

In every order, which was placed online, I would ask them to add a tip and leave the food at the door (because I didn't feel like getting dressed and my wife often had the physical card any way).

On the 7th order, which was order #7719728, placed on June 19th 2010, I received a phone call from what I assumed was the manager telling me that they "couldn't do that". I let him know I had done this multiple times in the past and it had never been a problem and in fact I have never had an issue with any other food delivery (I mean, they do know where you live at that point).

As he was quite rude, and I didn't have the physical card, I asked him to cancel the order since they "couldn't" follow the instructions. As I had already ordered it online, I had already been billed. I asked him if he canceled the order if I would get my money back ($9.75), he assured me I would.

It's been a year and a half. I have never received the money. I contacted their corporate office submitting a complaint via their website (which I have a copy of on another computer but unfortunately not this one) and never even got a form letter.

I considered contacting the BBB but I've never gotten anywhere with that before. I was about to order a sandwich from a different location when I remembered this incident and it pissed me off again and I found this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2011 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jimmy-Johns-Gourmet-Sandwiches/nationwide/Jimmy-Johns-Gourmet-Sandwiches-Jimmy-Johns-Steals-money-and-corporate-office-ignores-co-797810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches