Complaint Review: Jim's Formal Wear

• Submitted: Wed, May 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 07, 2009

• Reported By:Newnan Georgia
Jim's Formal Wear
One Tuxedo Park, P.O. Box 125 Trenton, Illinois U.S.A.

Jim's Formal Wear Jim's Formal Wear who supplies J & R Clothing rented us a tux which we returned. The people at J & R told us they had to charge us $35.00 because Jim's Formal Wear had to charge that amount to them. I called "Cliff" @ Jim's Formal Wear and they were adamant they were not going to support me as a customer of a business they supply. Then I called Cliff back and explained my outrage. Trenton Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Not Used Fee

We rented a tux from J & R Clothing in Newnan who is supplied by Jim's Formal Wear. Our sons date decided not to go. The people at J & R told us they had to charge us $35.00 because Jim's Formal Wear had to charge that amount to them. What "bad company policy." Now I called Jim's Formal Wear and they were adamant that they would look into it, but I was asked by Cliff a supervisor, "Did you receive a receipt, and I said yes." Then he told me "Your receipt says" 'no refund on it'. Then I called Matt at J & R Clothing and explained my outrage at being ripped off. He told me he could have me "locked up" and then he hung up on me. It appears that "Jim's Formal Wear" really supply, or does business with some quality people/stores. I will be printing fliers to pass out in my neighborhood, as well as go to ripoff.com, and the BBB to post my concerns and the fact that the store and the supplier were unfair, and that the man Matt, the manager accused me of being a real pain and to never call his store again. He told me he could have me locked up for the fliers, ripoff.com, and the BBB complaints, and then he hung up on me. Nice business practices! Real sweethearts!

G.
Newnan, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jims-Formal-Wear/Trenton-Illinois-62293/Jims-Formal-Wear-Jims-Formal-Wear-who-supplies-J-R-Clothing-rented-us-a-tux-which-we-r-449372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim's Formal Wear

Not Used Fee

AUTHOR: Clif - Vp Dealer Relations - (U.S.A.)

Note: I am speaking only on behalf of Jim's Formal Wear. J&R Clothing is an independent retailer and authorized dealer of Jim's Formal Wear.

The customer decided to cancel his tuxedo rental after the garment had already been delivered to J&R for pick-up. Jim's does charge our dealers a 'not used' fee to help cover a portion of our expenses: to process the order, to assemble the components of the order, perform any alterations, to inspect the order, to deliver the tuxedo to the retailer, to pick up and return the tuxedo to our service center, and to re-clean / press the garment. (Yes, we re-clean any garment that leaves our Service Center).

Jim's attempted to resolve and satisfy the Customer by offering a certificate for a future free tuxedo rental. The Customer turned this offer down. We're sorry that we could not create the ultimate formal wear experience for this consumer.

Last year Jim's Formal Wear did exceed the expectations of 1,000,000 Customers! We accomplished task by providing a great selection of brand name tuxedos -- Calvin Klein, After Six, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Jean Yves, and Stephen Geoffrey -- along with the best accessory color palette in the country!

Please go to www.jimsformalwear.com and check out our website! Try the "Build-A-Tux" feature and see how your tuxedo ensemble looks online!

Regards,