Complaint Review: JoAnns Fabric and Craft Stores

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 03, 2011

• Reported By: rogersjml — san el robles California United States of America
JoAnns Fabric and Craft Stores
5555 Darrow Road, Hudson, Ohio 44236 el cerrito, California United States of America

JoAnns Fabric and Craft Stores Jo-Ann's STOLE - took merchandise back and kept money - THEIVES! el cerrito, California

On July 14, 2011, I did a return NO receipt. The original purchase consisted of 4-5 purchases and I couldn't find the receipts.  I knew at the time, that I was going to purchase some Cricut products (which are card making supplies), so I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

...The refund consisted of 32 items and the refund amount equaled $234.26.  I was told by the manager, HILDA, that due to the amount of the refund, they couldn't give me cash or store credit and that it would have to come from corporate. Immediately upon Hilda telling me this, she issued my refund receipt and a business card for JoAnns Refund Hotline and she stated, If you have any problems, you can call them.

In addition, the return receipt states, "your patronage is appreciated. However, due to the nature of this transaction, we are unable to issue payment from this store. We will issue a refund check in the appropriate amount within 2 weeks".  It is now the beginning of September & I still dont have my refund. I have called JoAnns Refund Hotline SEVEN times. Emailed twice and no response.

I have written reviews for them on several sites, such as Yelp, Google Reviews, Pissed Consumer, Measured Up, and their Facebook page not a single response. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB (the company, JoAnns, still has not responded to that!), and filed a complaint with the Contra Costa County District Attorney, Special Operations Division (Consumer, Business, and Investment Fraud).

Lastly, I decided to use search engines to see if this thing has happened to others, and it has happened to several people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2011 01:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JoAnns-Fabric-and-Craft-Stores/el-cerrito-California-/JoAnns-Fabric-and-Craft-Stores-Jo-Anns-STOLE-took-merchandise-back-and-kept-money-THE-772602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JoAnns Fabric and Craft Stores