Complaint Review: Jody's Soap and Creations

• Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: NL — Mclemoresville Tennessee
Jody's Soap and Creations
1168 EAST 1500 NORTH RD Taylorville, Illinois United States of America

Jody's Soap and Creations www.soapandthings.com I wish I would have looked into her to begin with... Taylorville, Illinois

On 3/9/13, I placed an order for 100 clamshell containers for my at-home business. The product itself cost $30.00, and UPS ground shipping was $9.99. The site states that shipping lead-time is 1-3 days. Since I placed my order on a Saturday, common sense would indicate that this meant business days. I noticed that they had still not indicated that my order had shipped after 3 business days. I have e-mailed a few times, to no avail.

I have called no less than 12 times (I have a current screenshot of my phone screen to back this up), and all I get is either static or a fast-paced beeping. Her site states that you can call, but you will have to leave a voicemail: "Because of the LARGE number of unsolicited phone calls, this is a MESSAGE center only.  Which I check only a few times a week.  I would be on the phone ALL day and would NOT BE ABLE TO SHIP orders if had to return phone calls every day.

If you want/need faster results PLEASE EMAIL me here!  THANK YOU for understanding!"

Ok, I myself work with only my partner and are very busy-so I understand this. But, there is no way to leave a voicemail.

Up until an hour ago-when I went to the bank and stopped payment-my account had not been charged, which cost me $30 to do. I must say that I am kicking myself for not looking into this "person" before placing an important order. Just entering the site into Google brings numerous hits and complaints from people that have been ripped off from this supposed business.

Frankly, I don't care if she has 3 kids. I do as well, and have no problem with remembering my responsibilities. She actually uses this excuse for a Paypal issue on her site. I want the $30 it took me to head off payment for a scam. I have all documentation to back up my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jodys-Soap-and-Creations/Taylorville-Illinois-62568/Jodys-Soap-and-Creations-wwwsoapandthingscom-I-wish-I-would-have-looked-into-her-to-beg-1035008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jody's Soap and Creations