Complaint Review: Joe Corsmeier Attorney

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: An very angry client — Tampa Florida United States of America
Joe Corsmeier Attorney
2454 McMullen Booth Road Internet United States of America

Joe Corsmeier Attorney Joe Corsmeier Joe Corsmeier Attorney----STAY VERY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!! Overprice and a liar with scare tactics>>> Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to false "report" and statements of "Tampa, Florida"

I thought about whether to write this or not but I feel compelled to do so.   Before you even

think of retaining this "attorney" for your Florida Bar problem.    You need to know this:

2.   You will soon learn to hate seeing his phone number because he will call you all the time looking for more and more money ( He always overchargs with a huge retainer at the first scare meeting.)

Going through The Florida Bar disciplinary process is frightening enough.   He makes your problems ten times worse and many times more expensive and time consuming than it should be.  I honestly feel compelled to write this because I have heard about him from everybody in this regard.   I just found out too late what he is really all about....himself!   Do yourself a favor and hire a real lawyer not this conniving con man thief>>>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Corsmeier-Attorney/internet/Joe-Corsmeier-Attorney-Joe-Corsmeier-Joe-Corsmeier-Attorney-STAY-VERY-FAR-AWAY-825404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Corsmeier Attorney

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to false "report" and statements of "Tampa, Florida"

AUTHOR: Joseph Corsmeier - (United States of America)

This response will address the anonymous false report of "Tampa, Florida" on January 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm.

Since this person chose not to provide his or her name and calls him or herself "Tampa, Florida", I am unable to rebut any specific allegations related to any representation of "Tampa Florida" and I am not sure if he or she is even a client or former client.

I would state that I have been practicing for many years and have many clients who will attest to the high quality of my representation and that I do not "rip off" my clients.

In response to the "report" of "Tampa, Florida", I would state as follows:

"1.   He will try to scare you with words such as disbarment, emergency suspension and on and on"

The "words" above are directly applicable in many matters involving lawyer discipline and certainly apply on many occasions.  Without knowing the specifics of "Tampa, Florida's" alleged matter, I am unable to further comment; however, I have never in my career tried to "scare" anyone with any words and I never will.  As a matter of course, I do provide an overview of the Bar discipline and proceedings as well as potential results to all of my Florida Bar discipline defense clients.

"2.   You will soon learn to hate seeing his phone number because he  will call you all the time looking for more and more money ( He always  overchargs with a huge retainer at the first scare meeting.)"

These statements are completely false and libelous.  I do not "always overcharg (sic)" with a huge retainer" and I do not call my clients "all the time looking for more and more money."  I am not sure how "Tampa, Florida" would know that I "always overcharg (sic)" or that I call my clients "all the time looking for more and more money"; however, my written fee agreement details the agreed upon fee arrangement the fee retainer.  All of my clients are fully aware of the fee terms and can certainly choose not to retain my services or let me know if they have a problem.  I send monthly billing invoices to all of my clients detailing my time and any expenses.

"Going through The Florida Bar disciplinary process is frightening  enough.   He makes your problems ten times worse and many times more  expensive and time consuming than it should be.  I honestly feel  compelled to write this because I have heard about him from everybody in this regard.   I just found out too late what he is really all  about....himself!   Do yourself a favor and hire a real lawyer not this  conniving con man thief>>>"

These statements are also completely false and libelous and I will not dignify them with any response other than to say that I help all of my clients and do not make the problems of any my clients worse.  I have been told personally by my clients that they appreciate all of my efforts on their behalf and thank me for my representation of them.  I have had many years of very positive results and great relationships with my clients.

If anyone wishes to discuss this false report with me, please feel free to contact me at (727) 799-1688 or e-mail me at jcorsmeier@hac-law.com.

My short professional biography is below if you are interested and my website is at www.jac-law.com:

Martindale "AV" rated attorney.  Admitted to The Florida Bar in 1985.  Practice since 1998 concentrated primarily in the areas of defense of attorney disciplinary matters before The Florida Bar, attorney admission matters before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, and professional license and disciplinary matters before the Boards of the State of Florida.  Provide expert analysis and opinion on Bar rules, conflicts of interest , attorney's fees, and other attorney disqualification and legal malpractice issues and testified as an expert.  Also practice in the areas of estate planning and Medicaid qualification, workers' compensation, and labor law.

Served as an Assistant State Attorney in the Sixth Judicial Circuit 1986 to 1990 prosecuting felonies exclusively from June 1987, and Bar Counsel for The Florida Bar's Department of Lawyer Regulation 1990 to 1998.

Author of numerous articles for various bar publications, speaker at numerous local and statewide seminars on various topics, including ethics and professionalism, and instructor of legal ethics for paralegals at Rollins College

Admitted to practice in all Florida Courts, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Middle District of Florida.  Member of The Florida Bar, American Bar Association, the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and the Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations.