Complaint Review: Joe Machens Hyundai

Joe Machens Hyundai
1300 Vandiver Drive Columbia, Missouri USA

Joe Machens Hyundai Do not buy a car from them Columbia Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Contact For Further Discussion

Do not buy a car from them. I purchased a car that they stated was in good condition, it was a used mercedes, the sales manager had been the prior owner and assured me that it was in good condition. I purchased it with an extended warranty, it was winter, so I drove the car approximately 8 times in 3 months because of the snow and ice.

The first time I drove it, the window would not go back up and I took it to them, had to pay the $100 service fee and the window was fixed, remember, I had just purchased this car. Then, one nice day, I tried to put the top down, as I had before I purchased it, wouldn't go down. Took it back, they said I would have to go to Machens Mercedes to get this fixed, that was $450, not covered.

They did a complete check of the car and found $5,500 worth of needed repairs to the car, many they said were dangerous for me to be driving the vehicle, brakes, tension belts, etc, etc. I went back to Hyundai and dealt with the previous owner of the car, the sales manager, his answer to me was that they checked the car and it was fine when they sold it. Not true. I gave them the report from Mercedes Machens and there were multiply items that had not been kept up. I asked them what they were going to do, they said nothing, I bought the car "As Is" and they held NO responsibiliy in the repairs.

They clearly took advantage of a woman. The sales person that I dealt with was not even present during the first transaction, left after an argument with the sales manager before I purchased the car. I believe he KNEW what the sales manager was doing and he did not want to be a part of it.

Needless to say I need a car, they said they would take it back, less $2000 for the trade in and put me in another vehicle, I didn't have a choice, I have to have a car that runs. I would never, ever tell anyone to buy a car form them. They are deceitful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Machens-Hyundai/Columbia-Missouri-65202/Joe-Machens-Hyundai-Do-not-buy-a-car-from-them-Columbia-Missouri-1162139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Machens Hyundai

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Contact For Further Discussion

AUTHOR: Machens - ()

Management at Joe Machens Hyundai would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with their dealership. Please send contact information and futher details to marketing@machens.com.