Complaint Review: Joe Myers Ford

• Submitted: Tue, March 09, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 29, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Joe Myers Ford
16634 Northwest Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Enterprise Rent a Car and Joe Myers Ford illegal arrest, phone harrassment for lemon law 2003 mustang Houston Texas

*UPDATE Employee: What did You Expect

I am a 52 yr old woman who owns a 2003 Mustang which is a lemon. I filed under the lemon law & have had serveral repairs at Joe Myers FORD dealers, bought serveral cars in the past, had many rental cars for work being done and paid under warrenty. I met with GM on Feb 23,2004 at 5:30PM he said can't fix your car only FORD REP CAN AUTHORIZE to take apart your car and find what is the problem He agreed to let me meet with the FORD rep in person. BUT he refused to pay one more day for rental car. He had already had my car 1 week. I said I would be back tomorrow but would not return rental as that would mean we were don.

At 6:30PM went to a resturant I got a call while there from the onsite ENTERPRISE girl I reacted mad as I was eatting and I said don't f--in call me again as I was just there and I am gonna be back tomorrow I hung up she called back I hung up I got a call from a man saying he was from the ENTERPRISE OFFICE nearby he treatened to have me arrestted for stealing I never cussed or anything I said he would go to jail for lying I went to my work at a hotel to meet with owner several people were near by when a officer called said I needed to return NOW I try to explain he only threatened to arrest me and said HE SAID ARE YOU TREATENING ME I asked why are you saying that I am with serveral people and they hear what I am saying I drove back to the car lot and was arrested (all in just 2 hrs) The girl and the officer said I threatened to come over with gun??

HELP 100% INOCENT

Sara
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2004 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Myers-Ford/Houston-Texas/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-and-Joe-Myers-Ford-illegal-arrest-phone-harrassment-for-lemon-law-2-83371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Myers Ford

AUTHOR: Heidi - (U.S.A.)

Enterprise has to do their "callbacks" and that is probably whey the rep was calling you in the first place. They do this to make sure you have enough money to actually pay for the rental, or get a current date to when you will return, becuase you probably only told them one day and a week went by, but you did not have the manners to call the office and tell them you would be keeping it. You probably thought Enterprise employees are physics and suppossed to know at all times what YOU and YOUR dealership is doing to YOUR own PERSONAL car.

This is common in customers. Its YOUR car, we dont care what is wrong with it or the multiple issues you had with the dealership you were working with(which I'm sure you had to tell the enterprise rep about when you first got the rental over a long and boring 15 min conversation of you bitching about your car. We want to know who is paying. She was calling out of curtosy to you, and you should not act all bent out of shape, surprised, or shocked that they did call the police for phone harrassment.

Again, she was calling out of curtosy, and to immediately yell at her and cuss at her for no reason was completely un-called for and rude. If dont want to be treated like trash, try not treating others like that first, you might get a complete diff. reaction on the other line, like respect for you.