Complaint Review: Joe Toth Multipoint Processing First Data Independent Sales

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Rick — Hoffman Estates Illinois Vanuatu
Joe Toth Multipoint Processing First Data Independent Sales

Joe Toth Multipoint Processing First Data Independent Sales Josef Toth, Joe Toth Lied about the terms of a contract, pressured me to sign without reading fine print, did not leave a copy of contract for me to review Internet

*Author of original report: Too late

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Multipoint

*Consumer Suggestion: Up to it again in Charlotte, NC

*Consumer Suggestion: HE DID THE SAME TO ME!

*Consumer Comment: He did the same thing to me!

*Author of original report: Problem Solved - Ripoff Reports Works!

*Author of original report: He's lying again

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response

I recently started a small business, and wanted to be able to accept credit card payments.  Joe Toth came to talk to me about it.  He quoted prices and assured me that if I wasn't happy, or my new business didn't work out, I could discontinue the plan and get out of it.

As it ends up, the monthly fees were more than double what he quoted.  He signed me up to lease some unknown equipment, which results in $20 a month in charges which no one can explain.  When I called Joe to complain about these charges, he said there must be a mistake, and he assured me he would take care of it.  After that, I never heard from him again.  I've been calling him daily for the past 3 weeks, but he never answers and never returns my calls.

I called the credit card processing company (First Data Independent Sales), and explained the situation to them.  Eventually, they gave me a number for another person in Joe's office.  When I called this other guy, and gave him my name, he hung up on me.  Now when I try to call him, my calls go directly to his voice mail.

Josef Toth is lying crook and no one should ever do business with him, unless they want to get cheated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Toth-Multipoint-Processing-First-Data-Independent-Sales/internet/Joe-Toth-Multipoint-Processing-First-Data-Independent-Sales-Josef-Toth-Joe-Toth-Lied-abou-840330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Toth Multipoint Processing First Data Independent Sales

Too late

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

Hi Joe,

I have already moved on from Multipoint.  PNC bank offered me $600 in incentives to switch my credit card processing to them.  So I paid off the early termination fee and closed out my account with Multipoint immediately.  I'm now getting better rates and only paying $12 a month, instead of nearly $80 a month.

Rick

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Multipoint

AUTHOR: Joe Toth - ()

Rick I will be happy to help you with this contact me at 800-560-7024 and we can discuss. Multipoint Processing Corp is no longer in business , and I have reason to beleive have written all these other false postings as well, as I am litigating matters with the x employer for matters like this and many others. I have inside knowledge and ways that I feel might be beneficial in helping your situation. I was promised they would help as you and I both were noth on the Phone with Multipoint when I was still there and they promised us they would address the issues. PLease call and I can help. Thanks and I am sorry.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Up to it again in Charlotte, NC

AUTHOR: CEJ - (United States of America)

Joe is in Charlotte and has started a company called Giro Check.  He is doing the same thing.  He can be reached at (704) 999-3210.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

HE DID THE SAME TO ME!

AUTHOR: TheMerchant - (United States of America)

Easy fix is to never ever do business with this cheat!  He did the same to me.  He is a pro con-man and a master of lies!  NEVER TRUST HIM.

He did the same thing to me!

AUTHOR: TheMerchant - (United States of America)

He did the same thing to me. He Is a professional con man and a master of deceit. Never ever ever trust him!

Problem Solved - Ripoff Reports Works!

AUTHOR: Rick - (Vanuatu)

I was contacted by Mr. Toth regarding my posting here on Ripoff Reports.  He provided an explanation for why things went so badly wrong in the way my account was being handled, and he has stated that he will make everything right.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe the explanation he provided for why my account was mishandled.  There was another salesman involved in this deal, and the other salesman quit shortly after opening my account.  I was told that Mr. Toth would be handling my account after the other guy quit, and even though I had spoken to Mr. Toth about the situation, he says that he did not realize that my account was assigned to him, and that is why he did not take care of me.

I am satisfied that my issues will be resolved and that Mr. Toth will take care of me going foward.  I would ask that this report be removed, but I understand it is the policy of this web site not to remove any reports after they have been posted.  Given this policy, I can only hope that anyone who sees this report will read all the way to the bottom and see that the problem has been resolved.

He's lying again

AUTHOR: Rick - (Vanuatu)

My company is still in business, and still paying a fortune to be able to accept credit cards.  I'm still stuck with the 3 year agreement that Joe signed me up for, without telling me that there was a long term committment.  I am still paying fees that are double what he told me the cost would be.  I'm still losing money by accepting credit cards, rather than just turning away customers who want to pay with a credit card.

I ended up calling about 10 different people at various levels in the various companies that are all invovled in the credit card processing system (First Data Independent Sales, ePN, MPC Leasing).  I explained my situation to each of them.  And each of them apologized and said they would report Joe to their management.  After several days of making these calls, I finally got a call back from Joe.  Before all of this, he refused to answer my calls or return my messages.

When Joe finally called me back, he said he could make a few changes to my plan to get the cost down closer to (but still higher than) what he had originally promised.  However, I have yet to see any difference in the charges I am being hit with every month.  If I was processing thousands of credit card transactions per month, the charges I am paying would not be so bad.  But the fact is that I am starting up a new business, and the reality of my business is that most customers want to pay by check or cash.  Only a handful have wanted to pay with credit card, even though I tell everyone that I accept credit cards.

I had made it very clear to Joe up front that I was just starting out, and didn't expect a very large volume of credit card transactions per month.   He knew what my situation was.  And yet, he signed me up on a plan where the fixed monthly costs are greater than my income from credit card sales.  In other words, I'd be better off not taking credit cards, and just telling people who want to pay with a credit card that I will do the work for free.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response

AUTHOR: Joe Toth - (United States of America)

I tried to handle the objections with this company, however the business went out of business, and we could not reach the operator of the business, We are willing to listen to any complaints, and address them as neccesary but this merchant is no where to be found and hasn't returned our equipment