Complaint Review: Joe the Jeweler

• Updated: Mon, June 04, 2012

• Reported By: AnonPhilly — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Joe the Jeweler
111 S. 8th St. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Joe the Jeweler Joe Gola, Joel Gola Acknowledged they received my stolen jewelry but refused to return it. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: 3 days is the law

*Consumer Suggestion: police report?

Just after Easter, a girl that I employed in my home [Jackie Erickson] stole my heavy bracelet and took it to Joe-the-Jeweler at 3928 Marlton Pike, Pennsauken, NJ 08110 to convert it to cash.

When I called this shop, they acknowledged receiving my bracelet from her by her name. I told them it was stolen and I wanted it back. They said it was shipped to the main store at 111 S. 8th St. in Philadelphia, PA  19106.

I called and spoke to several people, including Mr. Joe Gola there and he said, "its been 3 days; its melted down by now."

When I reminded him that they must hold incoming purchases for 30 days, he suddenly found it.

However, they refuse to return it. I even offered to reimburse them for the $40 that they gave the thief that stole it from my home (since it would cost me over $800 to replace it.)

All I got was excuses and delays to date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2012 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-the-Jeweler/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19106/Joe-the-Jeweler-Joe-Gola-Joel-Gola-Acknowledged-they-received-my-stolen-jewelry-but-refus-892556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe the Jeweler

#1 General Comment

3 days is the law

AUTHOR: ChNickD - ()

If he purchased it in pennsauken by law he only has to hold it for 3 days reguardless if it gets shipped over to philly. After 3 days he can do what he wants with it. Also without a police report that states you are pressing charges on the individual who sold it, he doesnt have to do a thing.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

police report?

AUTHOR: Chad - (USA)

Did you file a police report for the stolen property? They are under no obligation to help you without one.