Complaint Review: Joe's Mobile Auto Body & Dent Repair

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Consumer Alert Man — Seattle Washington United States of America
Joe's Mobile Auto Body & Dent Repair
9329 Evergreen Way Everett, Washington United States of America

Joe's Mobile Auto Body & Dent Repair Joey Lee and Michael George Joshua Moore Dishonest / Chronic liar Everett, Washington

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

*Author of original report: Agreement made

When information I received from the service provider could not verified, I placed a stop payment on a check that was supposed to be a deposit to buy auto parts for auto body repair service. Later that evening the individuals showed up and provided me with enough information (including identification) so I authorized them to continue service. I also notified them that I placed a stop payment on the check deposit and I will pay in cash when the service was complete. After numerous times to correct their shoddy work, I finally made full payment in cash. They never informed me that they succesfully cashed the check I put a stop payment on through Moneytree. A week later Moneytree informed me that I am liable for the funds they distributed to the payee, despite the stop payment. They threatened that they will take the matter to collections.
In short, I paid the service provider what was quoted plus a bonus $1110 total (for working in the rain), Moneytree is at a loss for cashing a check I put a stop payment on, $430 and the service provider, Joey Lee and Michael George Joshua Moore comes out with $1540 ($430 more for dishonesty). I not only want protect my credit worthiness, but also want to to warn other innocent consumers.

Excercise due diligence before engaging in any business transactions with Joey Lee or Michael George Joshua Moore. Request for a copy of their Business License, insurance, bonding, etc. Make sure write down their Driver's License number, make/model/license plate number of their vehicle and any information stenciled on their work truck. Verify all telephone numbers are active. Now, it will be up to you to validate the documents and information you received. Moreover, you might need this information in the future when filing a complaint. They may be operating under a different business name. Perhaps "Mike's Mobile or Josh's Mobile Auto Body..." G/L and make your best judgement..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joes-Mobile-Auto-Body-Dent-Repair/Everett-Washington-98204/Joes-Mobile-Auto-Body-Dent-Repair-Joey-Lee-and-Michael-George-Joshua-Moore-Dishonest--1027170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe's Mobile Auto Body & Dent Repair

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Consumer Alert Man - ()

I am pleased with the arrangement that we had made to recover the outstanding debt. The business owner provided me with a service that had greater monetary value than than the amount owed. After getting to know Joe on a personal level, I realized that I should have been more understanding of his personal financial challenges. He and I became victims of an unfortunate circumstance. I will continue to do business with Joe's Mobile Auto Body and refer them to other associates. They are a hard working team. They even worked on my vehicle in adverse weather conditions: The reason why I had given a bonus. I hope this resolves any issues created by this negative report. I am available to contact for further details.

Agreement made

AUTHOR: Consumer Alert Man - (United States of America)

An agreement has been made between service provider and customer to provide bartering service to compensate for amount owed. Will update if/when aggrement has been met.